Explore an outstanding opportunity to practice at our largest quaternary care facility, Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center in Milwaukee. We are seeking a skilled cardiothoracic surgeon with 5+ years of practice experience to join a comprehensive team of specialists and staff in a highly diverse and successful program.
Education, training and experience required:
- Completion of an accredited surgery residency program
- A fellowship in cardiothoracic surgery required
- Must have a minimum of 5 years practice experience
- Requires skills in all areas of cardiac surgery including aortic aneurysms, endovascular, coronary artery bypass and transplantation
- Patient centered with excellent communication skills
- Collaborative, supportive team player
- Larger quaternary care facility
- Group of 9 surgeons - cardiothoracic and thoracic
- Experienced, respected surgeons will provide outstanding support
- Premier cardiac and Aortic Surgery programs in place
- Outstanding breadth of cases including endovascular, aneurysms, coronary - arterybypass, transplantation and ECMO
- Opportunity for research along with your clinical practice
What Advocate Aurora offers:
- An integrated, supportive, physician-led organization
- A patient-centered environment focused on providing quality health care
- State-of-the-art technology
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Paid occurrence-based medical liability insurance
- Relocation assistance
About Milwaukee, Wisconsin
With a county-wide population of nearly a million, Milwaukee offers the best of everything you’d expect to find in a major city while retaining a hometown feel in its many and diverse neighborhoods. Culturally, Wisconsin's largest city has many options, ranging from performing arts centers, theaters and museums -- including an internationally designed lakefront art museum -- to one of the nation’s top 10 zoos. Sophisticated, scenic, affordable and event-filled, Milwaukee has an impressive array of public and private schools, including UW-Milwaukee and Marquette University, award-winning restaurants, world-class shopping, and one of the most convenient and “user-friendly” international airports in the world.
About Advocate Aurora Health
Together, we make healthy happen.
Now, as the 10th largest not-for-profit, integrated health system in the nation, Advocate Aurora Health’s combined strength and stability drives us forward. Our integrated delivery model allows our clinicians to offer state-of-the-art, top tier quality care throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern and central Illinois.
Our supportive staff and leadership are committed to an autonomous practice environment and continuously strive to be on the forefront of managing the changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology and innovative approaches to providing impeccable outcomes for our patients.
Whether you’re looking to practice in the heart of a dynamic city such as Chicago or Milwaukee, a multi-specialty clinic in the suburbs, or a charming small town, Advocate Aurora Health has an opportunity for you.