Advocate Aurora Health is seeking an Internal Medicine Faculty Physician to join the Advocate Christ's Internal Medicine Residency Program. This position will encompass 50% inpatient and 50% outpatient responsibilities.
Qualified candidates must have:
- BC/BE in Internal Medicine
- Faculty experience
- Spanish speaking preferred
About Advocate Christ Medical Center's Internal Medicine Residency Program
Our program offers residents the perfect balance of training in a major academic institution with university resources while set in a comfortable community environment. The assigned clinical rotations are completed at Advocate Christ Medical Center (ACMC), a non-for-profit 749 bed Level I trauma and quaternary care center in Oak Lawn, Illinois. The residents and faculty are a diverse group of energetic and supportive individuals who pride themselves on delivering superb patient care.
About Advocate Christ Medical Center
- One of only fifteen major teaching hospitals recognized nationally by Truven Health as a "Top 100 Hospital"
- Ranked "Top 50" nationally by U.S News and World Report in 2 specialties including cardiology, and pulmonology/critical care and given "High Performance" in 7 other areas
- A 749 bed, quaternary care facility providing top quality healthcare to the Chicagoland area
- Home to the Advocate Institutes of Care in: Cancer, Cardiology, Neurosciences (Brain and Spine), and Bone/Joint
- Experienced transplant program for heart and kidney
- One of the busiest ER's in Chicago with >100,000 annual visits and a Level-I trauma center
- Trains more than 500 residents, 700 medical students and 1,100 nursing students in accredited programs each year
- Employs a diverse workforce with more than 6000 physicians and associates
About Oak Lawn, Illinois
Oak Lawn, an attractive Village of nearly 56,000 residents and over 1,800 diverse businesses, has distinguished itself among Chicago’s leading southwest suburbs. Nestled in the center of Cook County, a distinctive “home town” essence flows through Oak Lawn; an unmatched quality evidenced through the community’s affable neighborhoods, dynamic business districts, well- maintained recreational areas and cultural vivacity.
The resources accessed within Oak Lawn are truly second-to-none. Exceptional educational opportunities are profound, as residents have a choice among a number of public and private school options and several higher education and continuing education institutions. Compassionate and quality healthcare is readily available through various established practices, along with the presence of Advocate Christ Medical Center and Advocate Children’s Hospital.
About Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health’s combined strength and stability drives us forward. Our integrated delivery model allows our clinicians to offer state-of-the-art, top tier quality care throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern and central Illinois.
Our supportive staff and leadership are committed to an autonomous practice environment and continuously strive to be on the forefront of managing the changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology and innovative approaches to providing impeccable outcomes for our patients.
Whether you’re looking to practice in the heart of a dynamic city such as Chicago or Milwaukee, a multi-specialty clinic in the suburbs, or a charming small town, Advocate Aurora Health has an opportunity for you.