Aurora Health Care, in affiliation with the UW School of Medicine and Public Health, is seeking a fellowship trained geriatrician interested in joining a mature academic practice, committed to excellent patient care and to scholarly approaches to improve our health care delivery system. This position is a part of a stable integrated health care system in the top decile for quality of patient care with a supportive medical community. Located at our Aurora Sinai campus, the position also includes:
- Market leader in pay with base plus compensation model
- Loan forgiveness up to $180,000 and/or sign-on bonus (based on criteria)
- Collaborative, multidisciplinary environment geared towards learning
- Great staff geared towards patient and family care
- Faculty appointment with the UW School of Medicine and Public Health
- Site partners with the Department of Aging
- Social work and neuropsychologist on site
- Specialty trained nurses (ACE unit) helps keep staff in tune with patient needs
- Multiple geriatrics models of care including: Acute Care for Elders (ACE) Unit; Hospital Elder Life Program (HELP); Geriatric Emergency Department; Wisconsin Alzheimer’s Institute
- Memory Clinic
- Teaching includes fellows, residents and medical students
About Milwaukee, Wisconsin
With a county-wide population of nearly a million, Milwaukee offers the best of everything you’d expect to find in a major city while retaining a hometown feel in its many and diverse neighborhoods. Culturally, Milwaukee has many options, ranging from performing arts centers, theaters and museums -- including an internationally designed lakefront art museum -- to one of the nation’s top 10 zoos. Sophisticated, scenic, affordable and event-filled, Milwaukee has an impressive array of public and private schools, including UW-Milwaukee and Marquette University, award-winning restaurants, world-class shopping, and one of the most convenient and “user-friendly” international airports in the world.
About Advocate Aurora Health
Together, we make healthy happen.
Now, as the 10th largest not-for-profit, integrated health system in the nation, Advocate Aurora Health’s combined strength and stability drives us forward. Our integrated delivery model allows our clinicians to offer state-of-the-art, top tier quality care throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern and central Illinois.
Our supportive staff and leadership are committed to an autonomous practice environment and continuously strive to be on the forefront of managing the changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology and innovative approaches to providing impeccable outcomes for our patients.
Whether you’re looking to practice in the heart of a dynamic city such as Chicago or Milwaukee, a multi-specialty clinic in the suburbs, or a charming small town, Advocate Aurora Health has an opportunity for you.