Advocate Aurora Health has an exceptional opportunity for a new or experienced orthopedic trauma surgeon to grow a general practice and take trauma call at Advocate Condell Medical Center. Advocate Condell is a Level I trauma center in Libertyville Illinois, a lovely community in Lake County.
Education, training and experience required:
- Completion of an accredited orthopedic surgery residency program
- A fellowship in orthopedic trauma is preferred. Physicians with significant, proven experience in orthopedic trauma may also be considered.
- Must have skills in all areas of general orthopedic surgery and trauma
- Patient centered, collaborative team player
- Advocate Condell is a 273 bed tertiary care facility and the only Level I trauma center in Lake County, Illinois. This nationally recognized acute care hospital is just an hour from Chicago.
- You will join an outstanding group of 6 established, busy surgeons covering several locations
- Will have the opportunity to build and grow a general practice as well as take trauma call
- Broad range of trauma cases include fractures, fragility fractures, dislocations, amputations, etc.
- Excellent support from dedicated PA’s and other staff
- Call schedule - 1:4
What Advocate Aurora Offers:
- Integrated nationally recognized organization
- A diverse and inclusive environment ensuring safe and equitable care for all patients
- State-of-the-art technology
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental and life insurance, CME allowance, 401K and a deferred compensation plan, and paid medical liability insurance
- Relocation assistance up to $12,000
About Libertyville, Illinois
The Village of Libertyville is located in south central Lake County, approximately 37 miles from Chicago and seven miles west of Lake Michigan. The Village is an established residential community and has traditionally served as a major market and service center for central Lake County. The population of the Village has more than doubled since 1960, as the Village has shared in the economic growth of the Chicago metropolitan area. An ongoing effort to restore and preserve historic Libertyville contributes to the traditional home town atmosphere in the Village.
Step back in time while you stroll along historic downtown Libertyville. Your visit along Main Street will take you to fantastic antique shops, boutiques, gift stores, gourmet food & wine shops, taverns and restaurants. When not shopping or dining, take advantage of Libertyville’s 500 acres of parkland featuring lakes, athletic fields, ice skating, flower gardens, picnic areas, and more. Additionally, the Libertyville Sports Complex offers year-round programs in athletics, dance, fitness, and camps.
About Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health is one of the largest not-for-profit integrated health systems in the nation. Our integrated delivery model allows our clinicians to offer state-of-the-art, top tier quality care throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern and central Illinois. Our diverse team of over 70,000 includes 3600+ physicians and 1800+ Advanced Practice Clinicians. With a commitment to an autonomous practice environment, our patients and their families are at the heart of everything we do. Advocate Aurora Health continuously strives to be a leader in the changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology and innovative approaches to providing impeccable outcomes for our patients.
Whether you’re looking to practice in the heart of a dynamic city such as Chicago or Milwaukee, a multi-specialty clinic in the suburbs, or a charming small town, Advocate Aurora Health has an opportunity for you.
Working at Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health is committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. Diversity lives in the differences, great and small, that matter to us and make each of us unique – from our age and the color of our skin, to our abilities and the things we believe in. We know that empowering our differences inspires creativity that leads to innovative solutions – for our team members, consumers and communities. And because health care is built upon relationships, it’s important for the people we serve to be able to trust us to meet their unique needs.
By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our team members can thrive and our business can grow. As a team member, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.