We have a great opportunity for a new or experienced plastic and reconstructive surgeon to join the team at the Advocate Aurora Health Center in Mequon, Wisconsin.
Education, training and experience required:
- Completion of an accredited surgery residency and a fellowship in plastic and reconstructive surgery, OR
- Completion of a six year accredited plastic surgery residency program
- Must have skills in all areas of plastic surgery, most importantly microsurgery, and some cosmetics
- Must work collaboratively with other specialties and have a desire to seek out a broad spectrum of plastic surgical cases
- Patient focused with excellent communication skills
- Collaborative team player
- Established, busy practice of a retiring physician
- Plastic Surgery Service line includes 6 surgeons throughout SE Wisconsin
- Collaborative partners meet regularly to discuss patient quality and service outcomes
- Service Line members are available to support and assist as needed
- Opportunity to be independent yet supported by a large medical group and service line
- Will do a broad spectrum of cases, including microsurgery
- Current surgeon does about 90% reconstruction including breast and skin cancers
What Aurora offers:
- An integrated, supportive, physician-led organization
- A patient-centered environment focused on providing quality health care
- State-of-the-art technology
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Paid occurrence-based medical liability insurance
- Relocation assistance
About Mequon, Wisconsin
Located on the western shores of Lake Michigan just north of Milwaukee, the City of Mequon boasts majestic lakeshore bluffs, stately homes, lush farmland and expansive open space. The community enjoys many parks, five golf courses, the winding Milwaukee River and easy access to the interstate system for a convenient commute to Milwaukee.
Mequon's rural heritage is preserved by high development standards and low-density zoning regulations. Mequon has one of the lowest crime rates and one of the lowest tax rates in the Metropolitan Milwaukee area.
About Advocate Aurora Health
Together, we make healthy happen.
Now, as the 10th largest not-for-profit, integrated health system in the nation, Advocate Aurora Health’s combined strength and stability drives us forward. Our integrated delivery model allows our clinicians to offer state-of-the-art, top tier quality care throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern and central Illinois.
Our supportive staff and leadership are committed to an autonomous practice environment and continuously strive to be on the forefront of managing the changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology and innovative approaches to providing impeccable outcomes for our patients.
Whether you’re looking to practice in the heart of a dynamic city such as Chicago or Milwaukee, a multi-specialty clinic in the suburbs, or a charming small town, Advocate Aurora Health has an opportunity for you.