Join a successful, cohesive, and growing Abdominal Transplant Program and Service line at our quaternary care facility, Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn, Illinois, a southwest suburb of Chicago.
Education, training and experience required:
- Completion of an accredited general surgery residency program
- A fellowship in an ASTS accredited multi-organ transplant surgery program
- Demonstration of current experience in kidney and AV access or Hepatobiliary Surgery as well as cadaveric organ procurement
- Patient centered with outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to function well as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Credentials for Primary UNOS Kidney Surgeon welcomed
- Patient centered with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative team player
- This longstanding transplant program is now fully integrated with a successful Multiorgan Transplant Program based at Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center in Milwaukee as part of the two state Abdominal Transplant Service Line
- Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn is an 802-bed Level 1 trauma center, premier teaching institution and major referral center for several specialties including heart and kidney transplantation
- Program offers excellent work life balance with a cohesive team of transplant specialists that includes a comprehensive support staff, dedicated transplant Hepatologists, Nephrologists, Anesthesia, ICU and Infectious Disease specialists
- Our surgeons perform kidney transplant with the opportunity to develop an elective practice with AV access or Hepatobiliary surgery
- Investigator-initiated research and clinical trials through our research institute
- Teaching opportunities as both medical students and internal medicine, surgery and urology residents rotate through the service
- Opportunity for an adjunct faculty appointment through the University of Illinois - Chicago
What Advocate Aurora Offers:
- Integrated nationally recognized organization
- A diverse and inclusive environment ensuring safe and equitable care for all patients
- State-of-the-art technology
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental and life insurance, CME allowance, 401K, and paid medical liability insurance
- Relocation assistance up to $12,000
About Oak Lawn, Illinois
Oak Lawn, an attractive Village of nearly 56,000 residents and over 1,800 diverse businesses, has distinguished itself among Chicago’s leading southwest suburbs. Nestled in the center of Cook County, a distinctive “home town” essence flows through Oak Lawn; an unmatched quality evidenced through the community’s affable neighborhoods, dynamic business districts, well- maintained recreational areas and cultural vivacity.
The resources accessed within Oak Lawn are truly second-to-none. Exceptional educational opportunities are profound, as residents have a choice among a number of public and private school options and several higher education and continuing education institutions. Compassionate and quality healthcare is readily available through various established practices, along with the presence of Advocate Christ Medical Center and Advocate Children’s Hospital. Retailers and restaurateurs along the bustling 95th Street corridor are ready to provide the best in customer service. The cultural and recreational endeavors of residents and visitors are sufficed through the array of community-wide events designed to promote civic pride, along with the superb offerings of the Children’s Museum in Oak Lawn and the award-winning Oak Lawn Park District. Over and above all of this, the Village is headed by a dynamic group of leaders who continue to ensure Oak Lawn is afforded the finest in public services and programs.
About Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health is one of the top not-for-profit health care systems in the country. Our integrated delivery model allows our clinicians to offer state-of-the-art, top tier quality care throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern and central Illinois. Our diverse team of over 70,000 includes 3,600+ physicians and more than 1,800 Advanced Practice Clinicians. With a commitment to an autonomous practice environment, our patients and their families are at the heart of everything we do. Advocate Aurora Health continuously strives to be a leader in the changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology, and innovative approaches to providing impeccable outcomes for our patients.
Whether you’re looking to practice in the heart of a dynamic city such as Chicago or Milwaukee, a multi-specialty clinic in the suburbs, or a charming small town, Advocate Aurora Health has an opportunity for you.
Working at Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health is committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. Diversity lives in the differences, great and small, that matter to us and make each of us unique – from our age and the color of our skin, to our abilities and the things we believe in. We know that empowering our differences inspires creativity that leads to innovative solutions – for our team members, consumers and communities. And because health care is built upon relationships, it’s important for the people we serve to be able to trust us to meet their unique needs.
By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our team members can thrive and our business can grow. As a team member, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.