Advocate Aurora Health has a great opportunity for a cardiac fellowship trained anesthesiologist who enjoys variety and wants to be busy. We invite you to explore your options at Aurora St. Luke's Medical Center, a state-of-the-art facility in Milwaukee. Options include full and part-time with exceptional variety in a collegial environment.
Training and/or experience required:
- Completion of an accredited anesthesiology residency program
- Cardiothoracic anesthesia fellowship training required
- Prefer experienced but will consider new grads
- Patient centered with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative and supportive team player
- Aurora St. Luke's is a busy 938 bed Level II Trauma center and is the largest hospital in Wisconsin
- Our skilled cardiac anesthesia team prepares patients for cardiac surgery, administers anesthesia during surgery and manages post-operative pain, including management of epidural catheters
- Cases will include coronary artery bypass grafts, implantable ventricular assist devises, heart transplant, TAVR, and TEE
- Will also spend time at our nearby surgery center, supervising AAs for general cases
- Position offers full-time and part-time flexibility - you create the schedule that fits your lifestyle
What Advocate Aurora offers:
- Integrated nationally recognized organization
- A diverse and inclusive environment ensuring safe and equitable care for all patients
- State-of-the-art technology
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental and life insurance, CME allowance, 401K and a deferred compensation plan, and paid medical liability insurance
- Relocation assistance up to $12,000
About Milwaukee, Wisconsin
With a county-wide population of nearly a million, Milwaukee offers the best of everything you’d expect to find in a major city while retaining a hometown feel in its many and diverse neighborhoods. Culturally, Milwaukee has many options, ranging from performing arts centers, theaters and museums -- including an internationally designed lakefront art museum -- to one of the nation’s top 10 zoos. Sophisticated, scenic, affordable and event-filled, Milwaukee has an impressive array of public and private schools, including UW-Milwaukee and Marquette University, award-winning restaurants, world-class shopping, and one of the most convenient and “user-friendly” international airports in the world.
About Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health is one of the top not-for-profit health care systems in the country. Our integrated delivery model allows our clinicians to offer state-of-the-art, top tier quality care throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern and central Illinois. Our diverse team of over 70,000 includes 3600+ physicians and more than 1800 Advanced Practice Clinicians. With a commitment to an autonomous practice environment, our patients and their families are at the heart of everything we do. Advocate Aurora Health continuously strives to be a leader in the changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology, and innovative approaches to providing impeccable outcomes for our patients.
Working at Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health is committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. Diversity lives in the differences, great and small, that matter to us and make each of us unique – from our age and the color of our skin, to our abilities and the things we believe in. We know that empowering our differences inspires creativity that leads to innovative solutions – for our team members, consumers and communities. And because health care is built upon relationships, it’s important for the people we serve to be able to trust us to meet their unique needs.
By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our team members can thrive and our business can grow. As a team member, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.