Advocate Aurora Health has a fantastic opportunity for anesthesiologists to come practice at a Level I trauma center in Chicago, Illinois Masonic Medical Center. You will join a team of dynamic physicians dedicated to our patients and to making Illinois Masonic a great place to work.
Education, training and experience required:
- Completion of an anesthesiology residency from an accredited program
- Broad skill set in all areas of general anesthesia
- Residency program in place so interest in teaching is essential
- Patient focused with excellent communication skills
- Collaborative team player
- Anesthesiology Division provides coverage at our facilities in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Excellent opportunity to join a tertiary care Level I trauma center in Chicago
- Care team model providing medical direction to CRNAs
- Will supervise anesthesia residents as well as provide resident education
- Diverse patient population and excellent case mix that includes general and vascular surgery, ortho, ENT, GYN, plastics, trauma, etc. No Cardiac.
- Elective cases Monday through Saturday, 24/7 OB coverage
- Call 1:15 fully staffed
What Advocate Aurora offers:
- Integrated, supportive, physician-led organization
- Patient-centered environment focused on providing quality health care
- State-of-the-art technology
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental and life insurance, CME allowance, 401K and a deferred compensation plan, and paid medical liability insurance
- Paid medical liability insurance
- Relocation assistance
About Central Chicago, Illinois
The city center area covers a little more than 4 square miles, lying roughly between Division Street on the north, Lake Michigan on the east, 26th Street on the south and Halsted on the west. The three branches of the Chicago River meet in this area and the area is considered the city's commercial hub.
The area known as the Loop is a section within downtown, surrounded by elevated tracks of the rapid transit network. Many of downtown's commercial, cultural, and financial institutions are located in the Loop. Today, the Loop is also used to identify the larger downtown area.
River North contains the Magnificent Mile, a concentration of high-end retail. The central area is home to Grant and Millennium Parks, skyscrapers, museums, and shopping; and is the site of the city's largest parades: the annual Christmas, Thanksgiving and Saint Patrick's Day parades.
You're never far from any activity in this buzzing area, historic architecture, amazing social scene, high culture and professional sports.
About Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health is one of the largest not-for-profit integrated health systems in the nation. Our integrated delivery model allows our clinicians to offer state-of-the-art, top tier quality care throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern and central Illinois. Our diverse team of over 70,000 includes 3600+ physicians and 1800+ Advanced Practice Clinicians. With a commitment to an autonomous practice environment, our patients and their families are at the heart of everything we do. Advocate Aurora Health continuously strives to be a leader in the changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology and innovative approaches to providing impeccable outcomes for our patients.
Whether you’re looking to practice in the heart of a dynamic city such as Chicago or Milwaukee, a multi-specialty clinic in the suburbs, or a charming small town, Advocate Aurora Health has an opportunity for you.
Working at Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health is committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. Diversity lives in the differences, great and small, that matter to us and make each of us unique – from our age and the color of our skin, to our abilities and the things we believe in. We know that empowering our differences inspires creativity that leads to innovative solutions – for our team members, consumers and communities. And because health care is built upon relationships, it’s important for the people we serve to be able to trust us to meet their unique needs.
By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our team members can thrive and our business can grow. As a team member, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.