Aurora St. Luke's Medical Center is recruiting for an advanced imaging cardiologist to join us in Milwaukee. Our Advanced Imaging Core Group provides coverage for echocardiography, interventional echocardiography, cardiac CT, SPECT/PET in a well-established cardiovascular group (75 cardiologists system-wide, 25 at Aurora St. Luke’s campus) on the forefront of cardiology. The ideal candidate would have completed an advanced imaging fellowship and have interest in multi-modality imaging, structural heart disease procedures, clinical education and clinical research.
What You Would Do?
- Provide physician coverage and interpretation of transthoracic and trans-esophageal echocardiograms
- Provide physician supervision for stress laboratory, staffed with physician assistants for nuclear and echocardiographic stress tests
- Participate in structural heart interventions in our well-established structural program (including LAAO, ASD closures, alcohol septal ablations, TAVR, MitraClip, TMVR, and tricuspid)
- Supervise and teach general cardiology fellows, advanced imaging fellows, cardiac sonography students and other trainees
- Contribute to the academic pursuits of the Wisconsin Cardiovascular service line, including mentoring trainees to abstracts and publications
- Provide physician coverage and interpretation of nuclear cardiology scans (if desired)
- Provide physician coverage and interpretation of cardiac CT (if desired)
- Opportunity to be 100% imaging or include clinic and hospital service
- Weekend call rotation is 1:6 which includes full Saturday and Sundays of imaging
- No general cardiology call
- Primary location of work: Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center
- Board certified / eligible in general cardiology
- Board certified / eligible in echocardiography with COCATS Level III in Echocardiography
- Ability to hold a Wisconsin Medical License
- Completion of advanced imaging fellowship (1-2 years)
- Board certified / eligible in cardiac CT
- Board certified / eligible in nuclear cardiology
- Track record of clinical research in advanced imaging
- Experience and interest in interventional echocardiography guidance of structural procedures and structural CT imaging for pre-procedural planning
- Experience and interest in the education of cardiology fellows in cardiac imaging
Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center:
The future of cardiovascular medicine is happening here at Aurora St. Luke’s, and you are at the center. Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center is the largest hospital in Wisconsin and the heart of our cardiovascular program. This flagship hospital is home to our cardiac specialty centers, the largest heart transplant/VAD program in the state, and the largest Structural Valve Program in Wisconsin. Aurora St. Luke’s is also the at the core of our academic pursuits and groundbreaking trials in cardiovascular disease (including TAVR, TMVR, tricuspid, LAAO, stroke, pulmonary embolism, cardiogenic shock). With a robust fellowship program (>30 trainees in general cardiology, Advanced Imaging, Heart Failure, Interventional Cardiology, Electrophysiology, and Structural Heart Disease), we are committed to training the next generation of physicians.