Aurora St. Luke's Medical Center is recruiting for an advanced imaging cardiologist to join us in Milwaukee. Opportunity to join our renowned heart and vascular specialists such as Dr. A. Jamil Tajik. This physician will be predominantly engaged in advanced echocardiography with opportunity to teach fellows and conduct research. Option to be 100% imaging or include a small percentage of clinic time.
Weekend call rotation is 1:6 which includes full Saturday and Sundays of imaging. No general cardiology call.
Multidisciplinary approach to clinical care:
- Since the first cardiac transplant 1968, each and every day our 85 CV specialists from different disciplines come together to provide the highest quality of care to our patients.
- A combined approach allows our program to provide the most advanced and innovative options to over 125,000 patients in our clinics. Over 20,000 interventional procedures and over 70,000 advanced imaging procedures are performed every year.
Training next generation physicians:
- Since the inception of our training program in 1976, we have trained hundreds of physicians around the world.
- Each year we train around 31 physicians in Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology, Electrophysiology, Structural Heart Disease, Advanced Imaging and Heart Failure.
- To date, our program has authored more than 1,000 original publications and books. Currently there are over 80 ongoing research projects - both industry and physician initiated.
- One of the most memorable research was conducted by our highly trained sonographers which included innovative ways of doing echocardiography in patients with COVID-19 in an ICU-prone position.
About Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Milwaukee - a cool city on Lake Michigan where a RiverWalk connects restaurants, nightlife and trendy neighborhoods. Lakefront attractions like the Milwaukee Art Museum and summer festivals combine with Brewers baseball, the Harley-Davidson Museum and Milwaukee County Zoo for the ideal getaway.
About Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health’s combined strength and stability drives us forward. Our integrated delivery model allows our clinicians to offer state-of-the-art, top tier quality care throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern and central Illinois.
Our supportive staff and leadership are committed to an autonomous practice environment and continuously strive to be on the forefront of managing the changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology and innovative approaches to providing impeccable outcomes for our patients.
Whether you’re looking to practice in the heart of a dynamic city such as Chicago or Milwaukee, a multi-specialty clinic in the suburbs, or a charming small town, Advocate Aurora Health has an opportunity for you.
Working at Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health is committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. Diversity lives in the differences, great and small, that matter to us and make each of us unique – from our age and the color of our skin, to our abilities and the things we believe in. We know that empowering our differences inspires creativity that leads to innovative solutions – for our team members, consumers and communities. And because health care is built upon relationships, it’s important for the people we serve to be able to trust us to meet their unique needs.
By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our team members can thrive and our business can grow. As a team member, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.