Join one of the nation’s largest, most respected health systems and experience what it means to live well. Advocate Health is seeking an Advanced Heart Failure Cardiologist with primary focus in Pulmonary Hypertension, to join six advanced heart failure & transplant cardiologist and four cardiac surgeons in what is the state's oldest and most successful Advanced Heart Failure Therapies Program at Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
This acclaimed medical center offers the most comprehensive heart care in the state of Wisconsin, including a highly rated cardiac surgery program, award winning interventional and heart failure programs, successful heart transplant (including multi-organ transplants) and durable mechanical circulatory support programs, state's largest remote hemodynamic monitoring program, accredited pulmonary hypertension, congenital heart disease and cardio-oncology programs, advance electrophysiology interventional program, a 24/7 state-of-the-art cardiac catheterization lab with options for advanced percutaneous interventions and cardiogenic shock team, and the state's largest structural heart program.
- 1.0 FTE AHFT Cardiology clinical practice opportunity, primarily focused on Pulmonary Hypertension
- Responsibilities as an Associate Medical Director for the pulmonary hypertension program
- Outreach clinic approximately one day per week
- Proficiency in cath lab procedures, including invasive hemodynamic assessments, diagnostic coronary angiograms, myocardial biopsies, urgent temporary MCS devices (optional) and PA pressure sensor implants (optional)
- Involvement in medical education (general cardiology & AHFT fellows and internal medicine residents) and advanced HF & PAH research
- Call 1:7 for AHFT team
- EPIC EMR
Largest Pulmonary Hypertension program in Wisconsin
- Established in 1985, providing care to >900 patients
- Pulmonary Hypertension Association (PHA) accredited Center of Comprehensive Care
- Active clinical research program, participating in a broad range of multicenter PAH clinical trials
What Advocate Health offers
- Integrated nationally recognized organization with physician-led medical group and embedded service line
- A diverse and inclusive environment ensuring safe and equitable care for all patients
- A competitive compensation model that is sustainable, equitable, transparent, compliant, and rewarding
- Health, dental, vision, life and paid medical liability insurance
- 401(k) plan with up to 3% employer match, in addition to a 3% company contribution for a total employer contribution of up to 6%
- Parental leave, adoption assistance and surrogacy assistance
- CME allowance
- Relocation assistance up to $12,000
About Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center
The future of cardiovascular medicine is happening here at Aurora St. Luke’s, and you are at the center. Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center is the largest hospital in Wisconsin and the heart of our cardiovascular program. This flagship hospital is home to our cardiac specialty centers, the largest heart transplant/VAD program in the state, and the largest Structural Valve Program in Wisconsin. Aurora St. Luke’s is also the at the core of our academic pursuits and groundbreaking trials in cardiovascular disease (including TAVR, TMVR, tricuspid, LAAO, stroke, pulmonary embolism, cardiogenic shock). With a robust fellowship program (>30 trainees in general cardiology, Advanced Imaging, Heart Failure, Interventional Cardiology, Electrophysiology, and Structural Heart Disease), we are committed to training the next generation of physicians.
About Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Wisconsin’s largest city
With a county-wide population of nearly a million, Milwaukee offers the best of everything you’d expect to find in a major city while retaining a hometown feel in its many and diverse neighborhoods. Culturally, Milwaukee has many options, ranging from performing arts centers, theaters and museums – including an internationally designed lakefront art museum – to one of the nation’s top 10 zoos. Sophisticated, scenic, affordable and event-filled, Milwaukee has an impressive array of public and private schools, including UW-Milwaukee and Marquette University, award-winning restaurants, world-class shopping, and one of the most convenient and “user-friendly” international airports in the world.
About Advocate Health
Advocate Health is the 5th largest nonprofit health care system in the United States. We are a national leader in clinical innovation, health outcomes, consumer experience and value-based care. Advocate Health has a combined footprint across six states – Alabama, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina, South Carolina and Wisconsin. In Illinois and Wisconsin, we serve nearly 3 million patients annually across more than 500 sites of care in 27 hospitals. We are a leading employer in the Midwest with a diverse team of over 77,000, including 3,700+ employed physicians and more than 2,000 Advanced Practice Clinicians in our clinician-led medical group.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our teammates can thrive, and our business can grow. As a teammate, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.