Join one of the nation’s largest, most respected health systems and experience what it means to live well. Advocate Health is seeking a non-invasive cardiologist to serve its patients at Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn, IL.
Our patients have access to one of the largest heart programs in the U.S. and more nationally recognized doctors and hospitals in these areas.
Recognized for advanced technologies by U.S. News and World Report, our medical centers lead the way in surgical excellence with technologies like TAVR, top pediatric heart programs, and positive outcomes.
Advocate Health – Midwest Region – does 50,000 procedures annually and has more than 250 clinic trials. Among other non-profit organizations in the country, Advocate Health has the 10th largest heart program in the country
- Full-time employed opportunity
- Position open due to retirement
- Opportunity to teach residents and fellows
- 1:4 Call
- Participates in rounding service two weeks each month
- Primary office location: Oak Lawn, IL
- Secondary office location: High Tech Medical Park, Palos Heights, IL
- May be required to cover Advocate Trinity Hospital and/or Advocate South Suburban Hospital occasionally
- EPIC EMR
Training and/or experience required
- Board certification/board eligibility in General Cardiology
- Board certification/board eligibility in Cardiac CT, Echo and Nuclear required
- 2024 applicants are welcome to apply
What Advocate Health offers
- Integrated nationally recognized organization
- A diverse and inclusive environment ensuring safe and equitable care for all patients
- A competitive compensation model that is sustainable, equitable, transparent, compliant, and rewarding
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision and life insurance, CME allowance, 401K and a deferred compensation plan, and paid medical liability insurance
- Relocation assistance up to $12,000
- Adoption assistance and surrogacy assistance
- Education Assistance Program
- Pre-tax accounts for dependent care, health care and commuter benefit
- Leave-of-absence programs including: FMLA, Military Leave, Parental Leave, Personal Leave, VESSA Leave
About Oak Lawn, Illinois
Oak Lawn, an attractive Village of nearly 56,000 residents and over 1,800 diverse businesses, has distinguished itself among Chicago’s leading southwest suburbs. Nestled in the center of Cook County, a distinctive “home town” essence flows through Oak Lawn; an unmatched quality evidenced through the community’s affable neighborhoods, dynamic business districts, well- maintained recreational areas and cultural vivacity.
The resources accessed within Oak Lawn are truly second-to-none. Exceptional educational opportunities are profound, as residents have a choice among a number of public and private school options and several higher education and continuing education institutions. Compassionate and quality healthcare is readily available through various established practices, along with the presence of Advocate Christ Medical Center and Advocate Children’s Hospital.
About Advocate Health
Advocate Health is the 5th largest nonprofit health care system in the United States. We are a national leader in clinical innovation, health outcomes, consumer experience and value-based care. Advocate Health has a combined footprint across six states – Alabama, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina, South Carolina and Wisconsin. In Illinois and Wisconsin, we serve nearly 3 million patients annually across more than 500 sites of care in 27 hospitals. We are a leading employer in the Midwest with a diverse team of over 77,000, including 3,700+ employed physicians and more than 2,000 Advanced Practice Clinicians in our clinician-led medical group.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our teammates can thrive, and our business can grow. As a teammate, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.