Advocate Aurora Health is seeking an experienced cardiothoracic surgeon to join our diverse and successful cardiac surgery program. As part of the team you will provide your skills, expertise and direction to assist in the growth of our cardiac transplant program. You will practice at our largest quaternary facility, Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center in Milwaukee.
Education, training and/or experience required:
- Completion of an accredited surgery residency program
- A fellowship in cardiothoracic surgery
- A minimum of 3-5 years practice experience in a busy program
- Strong leadership skills are required
- Must be proficient in cardiac transplantation and Mechanical Circulatory Support as well as all other areas of cardiac surgery including aortic aneurysms, endovascular, and coronary artery bypass
- Compassionate, patient centered, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative team player
- Aurora St. Luke's Medical Center is a 938-bed quaternary care facility and the only hospital in Wisconsin with a 24/7 on-site heart care team
- In 1968 performed the first heart transplant in the Midwest and to-date the program has performed just under 1000 cardiac transplants and implanted 850 ventricular assist devices
- Robust ECMO program
- Established Transcatheter Valve program, one of the most experienced programs in the country
- Outstanding breadth of cases
- Collaborative team provides services in Milwaukee and other locations in the area
- Group of 9 surgeons – 6 cardiothoracic and 3 thoracic surgeons
- Experienced, respected surgeons will provide outstanding support and mentorship
- Opportunity for research along with your clinical practice
What Advocate Aurora offers:
- An integrated, supportive, physician-led organization
- A diverse and inclusive environment ensuring safe and equitable care for all patients
- State-of-the-art technology
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental and life insurance, CME allowance, 401K and a deferred compensation plan, and paid medical liability insurance
- Relocation assistance up to $12,000
About Milwaukee, WI
Wisconsin’s largest city
With a county-wide population of nearly a million, Milwaukee offers the best of everything you’d expect to find in a major city while retaining a hometown feel in its many and diverse neighborhoods. Culturally, Milwaukee has many options, ranging from performing arts centers, theaters and museums -- including an internationally designed lakefront art museum -- to one of the nation’s top 10 zoos. Sophisticated, scenic, affordable and event-filled, Milwaukee has an impressive array of public and private schools, including UW-Milwaukee and Marquette University, award-winning restaurants, world-class shopping, and one of the most convenient and “user-friendly” international airports in the world.
About Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health is one of the largest not-for-profit integrated health systems in the nation. Our integrated delivery model allows our clinicians to offer state-of-the-art, top tier quality care throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern and central Illinois. Our diverse team of over 70,000 includes 3600+ physicians and 1800+ Advanced Practice Clinicians. With a commitment to an autonomous practice environment, our patients and their families are at the heart of everything we do. Advocate Aurora Health continuously strives to be a leader in the changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology and innovative approaches to providing impeccable outcomes for our patients.
Whether you’re looking to practice in the heart of a dynamic city such as Chicago or Milwaukee, a multi-specialty clinic in the suburbs, or a charming small town, Advocate Aurora Health has an opportunity for you.
Working at Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health is committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. Diversity lives in the differences, great and small, that matter to us and make each of us unique – from our age and the color of our skin, to our abilities and the things we believe in. We know that empowering our differences inspires creativity that leads to innovative solutions – for our team members, consumers and communities. And because health care is built upon relationships, it’s important for the people we serve to be able to trust us to meet their unique needs.
By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our team members can thrive and our business can grow. As a team member, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.