Explore an exceptional opportunity for an experienced cardiothoracic surgeon to grow and lead a cardiothoracic surgery program at Advocate BroMenn Medical Center in Normal, Illinois. We are seeking a skilled surgeon with strong leadership skills and a minimum of 5-10 years of practice experience to join a comprehensive team of specialists and staff.
Education, training and experience required:
- Completion of an accredited surgery residency program
- A fellowship in cardiothoracic surgery
- Must have a minimum 5-10 years practice experience and skills in all areas of cardiac and thoracic surgery, including open biopsy, loboectomy, aortic aneurysms, valve replacement and repair, and coronary artery bypass
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to grow and lead a program is also required
- Patient centered with excellent communication skills
- Collaborative team player
- Group consists of experienced general and interventional cardiologists and pulmonologists
- This is a leadership role - you will build and lead this program from the ground up
- Broad range of cases
- EICU capability and intensivists available
- 221 bed Level II facility
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Recognized for excellence in cardiac and stroke care
What Advocate Aurora Offers:
- Exceptional compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Paid medical liability insurance
- Relocation assistance up to $10,000
- An integrated, supportive, physician-led organization
- A patient-centered environment focused on providing quality health care
- State-of-the-art technology
Bloomington/Normal is located in the Heart of Central Illinois and is situated approximately two hours from Chicago and three hours from St. Louis. The community location and quick access to Interstate 55, 74 and 39 allow for easy access to other cities in the region. A new train station in downtown Normal with daily Amtrak service is another travel option and if you enjoy more extensive travel, you will be happy to know that there is no need to spend an entire day in airports just to get away for a few days. The modern and easily accessible Central Illinois Regional Airport has free parking and direct daily flights to Atlanta, Denver, Dallas, Orlando, St. Petersburg/Clearwater, and Chicago.
This affordable community is a great place to live, work and play. It is home to exceptional public school systems that consistently rank amongst the top in Illinois and institutions of higher learning which include Illinois State University, Illinois Wesleyan University, Heartland Community College and Lincoln College-Normal.
Bloomington/Normal is a diverse community with an abundance of dining and shopping options, variety of fine arts experiences, numerous parks, Miller Park Zoo, Discovery Children’s Museum and more.
About Advocate Aurora Health
Together, we make healthy happen.
Now, as the 10th largest not-for-profit, integrated health system in the nation, Advocate Aurora Health’s combined strength and stability drives us forward. Our integrated delivery model allows our clinicians to offer state-of-the-art, top tier quality care throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern and central Illinois.
Our supportive staff and leadership are committed to an autonomous practice environment and continuously strive to be on the forefront of managing the changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology and innovative approaches to providing impeccable outcomes for our patients.
Whether you’re looking to practice in the heart of a dynamic city such as Chicago or Milwaukee, a multi-specialty clinic in the suburbs, or a charming small town, Advocate Aurora Health has an opportunity for you.