We have an exceptional opportunity for a new or experienced colon and rectal surgeon to join our comprehensive team at Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Aurora St. Luke’s offers a wide range of care and is the largest hospital in the state.
Education, training, and experience required:
- Completion of a general surgery residency from an accredited program
- Completion of a fellowship in colon and rectal surgery from an accredited program
- Must have skills in performing the full breadth of colorectal procedures
- Patient centered with excellent communication skills
- Collaborative team player
- This is a 100% colorectal practice, no general surgery call
- Located at a quaternary care facility, Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center is a 938-bed hospital providing innovative care to patients from across the state, the country and the world
- State-of-the-art technology including multiple da Vinci Xi robots
- Full breadth of routine and complex colon and rectal surgical cases including cancers, diverticular disease, IBD, etc.
- Respected, collaborative partners will provide excellent mentorship
- Freedom to customize your practice
- Acute care surgery team in place so minimal emergent cases
- Excellent shared call schedule
- Opportunities to perform research or teach trainees if desired
About Advocate Aurora Health
- Integrated nationally recognized organization
- A diverse and inclusive environment ensuring safe and equitable care for all patients
- State-of-the-art technology
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental and life insurance, CME allowance, 401K, and a deferred compensation plan, and paid medical liability insurance
- Relocation assistance up to $12,000
Get to know Milwaukee, WI
Wisconsin’s largest city
With a county-wide population of nearly a million, Milwaukee offers the best of everything you’d expect to find in a major city while retaining a hometown feel in its many and diverse neighborhoods. Culturally, Milwaukee has many options, ranging from performing arts centers, theaters, and museums — including an internationally designed lakefront art museum — to one of the nation’s top 10 zoos. Sophisticated, scenic, affordable, and event-filled, Milwaukee has an impressive array of public and private schools, including UW-Milwaukee and Marquette University, award-winning restaurants, world-class shopping, and one of the most convenient and “user-friendly” international airports in the world.
About Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health is one of the largest not-for-profit integrated health systems in the nation. Our integrated delivery model allows our clinicians to offer state-of-the-art, top tier quality care throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern and central Illinois. Our diverse team of over 70,000 includes 3600+ physicians and 1800+ Advanced Practice Clinicians. With a commitment to an autonomous practice environment, our patients and their families are at the heart of everything we do. Advocate Aurora Health continuously strives to be a leader in the changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology and innovative approaches to providing impeccable outcomes for our patients.
Whether you’re looking to practice in the heart of a dynamic city such as Chicago or Milwaukee, a multi-specialty clinic in the suburbs, or a charming small town, Advocate Aurora Health has an opportunity for you.
Working at Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health is committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. Diversity lives in the differences, great and small, that matter to us and make each of us unique — from our age and the color of our skin, to our abilities and the things we believe in. We know that empowering our differences inspires creativity that leads to innovative solutions — for our team members, consumers, and communities. And because health care is built upon relationships, it’s important for the people we serve to be able to trust us to meet their unique needs.
By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our team members can thrive, and our business can grow. As a team member, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.