Join one of the nation’s largest, most respected health systems and experience what it means to live well. Advocate Health is seeking an Anesthesia Critical Care physician to join our team at Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center in Milwaukee, WI.
- Largest cardiac surgical program in Wisconsin
- 50% time in critical care, 50% time in anesthesia
- Critical care shifts are 12 hours in length
- 30-bed CVICU:
- Post-op cardiac surgery including CABG, off-pump CAB, valve surgery, aortic surgery, and heart transplantation
- Advanced heart failure and mechanical circulatory support devices
- Thoracic surgery
- Vascular surgery
- ECMO (VV and VA)
- Cardiothoracic Anesthesia
- All own cases, no supervision
- Opportunity for supervision spending some time in an ambulatory surgical center if desired
- Common Cases: CABGs, off-pump CABG, valve surgery, Left ventricular assist devices, heart transplant, Lung resection, Esophagectomy, aortic arch surgery, transcatheter aortic valve replacement
- Roughly one weekday call per week, occasional weekend call
- Opportunities to practice Anesthesia in settings other than Cardiothoracic Anesthesia
Training and/or experience required
- Prior clinical experience or training with ECMO management is preferred
- Prior clinical experience or training in the management of post-op Cardiac surgical patients is desirable
- Prior experience with transthoracic and transesophageal echocardiography desirable
- Fellowship training in Adult Cardiothoracic Anesthesia and Critical Care Medicine
- Board-eligibility or board-certification in Anesthesiology, Critical Care Medicine, and Advanced Peri-operative Transesophageal Echocardiography
What Advocate Health offers
- Integrated nationally recognized organization
- A diverse and inclusive environment ensuring safe and equitable care for all patients
- A competitive compensation model that is sustainable, equitable, transparent, compliant, and rewarding
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision and life insurance, CME allowance, 401K and a deferred compensation plan, and paid medical liability insurance
- Relocation assistance up to $12,000
- Paid Time Off
- Adoption assistance and surrogacy assistance
- Education Assistance Program
- Pre-tax accounts for dependent care, health care and commuter benefit
- Leave-of-absence programs including: FMLA, Military Leave, Parental Leave, Personal Leave, VESSA Leave
About Aurora St. Luke's Medical Center
Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center is a university-affiliated training program for residents and fellows in select medical, surgical, and radiology specialties. We are a clinical site for anesthesia and medical critical care fellows. Our critical care fellowship begins on 7/1/2023.
The tertiary critical care practice supports the Milwaukee-based TRIUMPH program for the University of Wisconsin medical students. The Aurora Critical Care Service (ACCS) is integrated into the residency training programs and is engaged in training medical and anesthesia critical care fellows. Several faculty have externally-funded research and actively contribute to the peer-reviewed literature.
About Milwaukee, WI
With a county-wide population of nearly a million, Milwaukee offers the best of everything you’d expect to find in a major city while retaining a hometown feel in its many and diverse neighborhoods. Culturally, Milwaukee has many options, ranging from performing arts centers, theaters and museums – including an internationally designed lakefront art museum – to one of the nation’s top 10 zoos. Sophisticated, scenic, affordable and event-filled, Milwaukee has an impressive array of public and private schools, including UW-Milwaukee and Marquette University, award-winning restaurants, world-class shopping, and one of the most convenient and “user-friendly” international airports in the world.
About Advocate Health
Advocate Health is the 5th largest nonprofit health care system in the United States. We are a national leader in clinical innovation, health outcomes, consumer experience and value-based care. Advocate Health has a combined footprint across six states – Alabama, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina, South Carolina and Wisconsin. In Illinois and Wisconsin, we serve nearly 3 million patients annually across more than 500 sites of care in 27 hospitals. We are a leading employer in the Midwest with a diverse team of over 77,000, including 3,700+ employed physicians and more than 2,000 Advanced Practice Clinicians in our clinician-led medical group.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our teammates can thrive, and our business can grow. As a teammate, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.