Advocate Aurora Health is recruiting for an intensivist to staff night shifts in our Medical Respiratory ICU that has 24 beds.
- Full time and part-time opportunities are available.
- The intensivist team is the primary service in MRICU and hospitalists do not round in MRICU.
- Typical patients in MRICU include septic shock, respiratory failure including COVID-19 pneumonia, ARDS, toxicology patients, acute renal failure, undifferentiated acute liver failure, and hematologic or solid organ malignancy complications.
- All aspects of care are managed by the critical care team and all airways, cardiac arrest resuscitations.
- Close collaboration with medical sub specialists of a tertiary care center including ID, nephrology, and bone marrow transplant services.
- We are an integrated, multidisciplinary team of physicians and advanced practice provides caring for critically ill patients in state-of-the-art ICUs. Physicians are board certiﬁed in critical care with primary specialization in anesthesiology, internal medicine, emergency medicine, neurology and surgery.
- The service is expanding and will offer interested candidate’s opportunities in tertiary settings.
- We enjoy outstanding administrative support at the hospitals and in the medical group.
- Our experienced clinicians and nurse practitioners and physician assistants deliver top of license practice in a tight knit collegial practice.
- We are a university-affiliated training program for residents and fellows in select medical, surgical and radiology specialties. We are a clinical site for anesthesia and medical critical care fellows. Our critical care fellowship begins 7/1/2023.
- The tertiary critical care practice supports the Milwaukee-based TRIUMPH program for the University of Wisconsin medical students. ACCS is integrated into the residency training programs and is engaged in training medical and anesthesia critical care fellows. Both physicians and NPs have published in peer-reviewed journals. Several members of the team have externally funded research.
Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center is the largest hospital in Wisconsin with 938 beds and the only hospital in Wisconsin with a 24/7 on-site heart-care team. We provide innovative care to patients from across the state, country and world. A nationally recognized health care provider, we offer a wide range of medical specialties in a culturally affirming and compassionate way to help all people live well. Internationally known for expertise in heart care, TAVR and EP and a top 10 center in the world for minimally invasive, robotic-assisted heart surgery.
About Milwaukee, Wisconsin
With a county-wide population of nearly a million, Milwaukee offers the best of everything you’d expect to find in a major city while retaining a hometown feel in its many and diverse neighborhoods. Culturally, Milwaukee has many options, ranging from performing arts centers, theaters and museums -- including an internationally designed lakefront art museum -- to one of the nation’s top 10 zoos. Sophisticated, scenic, affordable and event-filled, Milwaukee has an impressive array of public and private schools, including UW-Milwaukee and Marquette University, award-winning restaurants, world-class shopping, and one of the most convenient and “user-friendly” international airports in the world.
About Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health’s combined strength and stability drives us forward. Our integrated delivery model allows our clinicians to offer state-of-the-art, top tier quality care throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern and central Illinois.
Our supportive staff and leadership are committed to an autonomous practice environment and continuously strive to be on the forefront of managing the changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology and innovative approaches to providing impeccable outcomes for our patients.
Whether you’re looking to practice in the heart of a dynamic city such as Chicago or Milwaukee, a multi-specialty clinic in the suburbs, or a charming small town, Advocate Aurora Health has an opportunity for you.
Working at Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health is committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. Diversity lives in the differences, great and small, that matter to us and make each of us unique – from our age and the color of our skin, to our abilities and the things we believe in. We know that empowering our differences inspires creativity that leads to innovative solutions – for our team members, consumers and communities. And because health care is built upon relationships, it’s important for the people we serve to be able to trust us to meet their unique needs.
By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our team members can thrive and our business can grow. As a team member, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.