Join one of the nation’s largest, most respected health systems and experience what it means to live well. Advocate Health is seeking a Neurocritical Care physician to join our physician-led Critical Care group at Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center is a quaternary care hospital within the larger Advocate Health system. It is one of Wisconsin’s leading medical centers and a destination hospital with a reputation for providing cutting edge and innovative services. It is served by vastly experienced specialty doctors practicing at the forefront of their specialties, including the Neurosciences.
- Join our team of six Neurointensivists and Advanced Practice Clinicians within a larger multi-specialty Critical Care group
- Comprehensive stroke and Epilepsy center equipped with a 27-bed neurocritical care unit, managed by two intensivist-led, multi-disciplinary rounding teams
- Co-management model ICU providing high quality care to patients, in close collaboration with Neurosurgery, Neuro-Endovascular and Vascular Neurology teams
- Education and research opportunities within our Critical Care Fellowship program
- 12-hour shifts, with flexible scheduling
- Generous student loan forgiveness for Neurointensivists may be available for those who qualify
- Qualified individuals must demonstrate a commitment to excellence and provide quality patient care
- Must hold MD/DO degree from an accredited medical school
- Must be board certified in Neurology or Internal Medicine and be board certified/board eligible in Neurocritical Care, after completion of a 2-yr ACGME/UCNS accredited fellowship training program
- Must be eligible for medical licensure in Wisconsin
- Procedural skills in intubation, line placement, bronchoscopy, etc. is required
What Advocate Health offers
- Integrated nationally recognized organization with physician-led medical group and embedded service line
- A diverse and inclusive environment ensuring safe and equitable care for all patients
- A competitive compensation model that is sustainable, equitable, transparent, compliant, and rewarding
- Health, dental, vision, life and paid medical liability insurance
- 401(k) plan with up to 3% employer match, in addition to a 3% company contribution for a total employer contribution of up to 6%
- Parental leave, adoption assistance and surrogacy assistance
- CME allowance
- Relocation assistance up to $12,000
About Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center
Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center is the largest hospital in Wisconsin with 938-beds and 1,320 physicians on staff in 87 specialties. Extensive neurosurgical and neuroendovascular capabilities support our accredited comprehensive stroke program, brain cancer therapies, epilepsy, movement disorders and the full spectrum of neurological care.
About Milwaukee, Wisconsin
With a county-wide population of nearly a million, Milwaukee offers the best of everything you’d expect to find in a major city while retaining a hometown feel in its many and diverse neighborhoods. Culturally, Milwaukee has many options, ranging from performing arts centers, theaters and museums – including an internationally designed lakefront art museum – to one of the nation’s top 10 zoos. Sophisticated, scenic, affordable and event-filled, Milwaukee has an impressive array of public and private schools, including UW-Milwaukee and Marquette University, award-winning restaurants, world-class shopping, and one of the most convenient and “user-friendly” international airports in the world.
About Advocate Health
Advocate Health is the 3rd largest nonprofit health care system in the United States. We are a national leader in clinical innovation, health outcomes, consumer experience and value-based care. Advocate Health has a combined footprint across six states – Alabama, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina, South Carolina and Wisconsin. In Illinois and Wisconsin, we serve nearly 3 million patients annually across more than 500 sites of care in 27 hospitals. We are a leading employer in the Midwest with a diverse team of over 77,000, including 3,700+ employed physicians and more than 2,000 Advanced Practice Clinicians in our physician-led medical group.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our teammates can thrive, and our business can grow. As a teammate, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.