We are seeking a 0.5 FTE EMS physician and 0.5 FTE ED physician to join our team at Aurora Lakeland Medical Center in Elkhorn, Wisconsin
- 12 beds in the ED
- 30 EMS Services in the region, half under our Medical Direction
- The EMS/ED physician will do 0.5 of their FTE (about 65 hours/month) in the ED doing clinical shifts as an ED physician. The other 0.5FTE (about 65 hours) will be in the EMS role. All are 12-hr shifts.
This role has EMS responsibilities:
- Provide education to prehospital medical providers
- Develop, review, and educate prehospital medical providers on medical protocols and policies to optimize patient outcomes
- Develop and oversee quality assurance and continuous quality improvement in all aspects of prehospital medical care
- Maintain a presence in the field to provide patient care and to provide direct medical oversight of prehospital medical providers
- Serve as a liaison between prehospital medical providers, other healthcare providers, and members of the community & system leadership
- Participate in local, regional, state, and national committees & organizations as they relate to prehospital medicine
- Maintain knowledge & expertise in all areas of prehospital emergency care as outline in the Core Content of Emergency Medical Services as defined by the American Board of Emergency Medicine (ABEM)
About Elkhorn, Wisconsin
A small town escape from the big city
Elkhorn, located in southeastern Wisconsin thrives as a small, traditional "hometown." This rural city, located minutes from downtown Milwaukee and just 85 miles from Chicago’s loop, boasts tree-lined streets, beautiful historical homes and an established downtown. It is a place to grow up, raise a family and retire in the context of a "caring community" exhibiting excellence in governance, education, recreation, health care, and civic activity.
About Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health’s combined strength and stability drives us forward. Our integrated delivery model allows our clinicians to offer state-of-the-art, top tier quality care throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern and central Illinois.
Our supportive staff and leadership are committed to an autonomous practice environment and continuously strive to be on the forefront of managing the changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology and innovative approaches to providing impeccable outcomes for our patients.
Whether you’re looking to practice in the heart of a dynamic city such as Chicago or Milwaukee, a multi-specialty clinic in the suburbs, or a charming small town, Advocate Aurora Health has an opportunity for you.