We are seeking a Full Time Physician to work 0.5 FTE as an EMS physician and 0.5 FTE as an ED physician.
- 18 ED beds plus 6 fast track beds housed within the ED
- 8-12 hour shifts with physician double coverage
- Our ED will have 10 Physicians & 4 Advanced Practice Clinicians
- Level 3 Trauma Center
- Primary Stroke Center
- Aurora Medical Center in Oshkosh is licensed for 84 inpatient beds with 12 ICU beds, 12 OB beds, and 48 med surg beds
- Superior Ambulance leases space on site which offers great interfacility transfer support
- This position offers a competitive salary, relocation assistance, an annual CME allowance, malpractice/tail coverage, and full benefits including a 401K match
This role has EMS Responsibilities:
- Provide education to prehospital medical providers
- Develop, review, and educate prehospital medical providers on medical protocols and policies to optimize patient outcomes
- Develop and oversee quality assurance and continuous quality improvement in all aspects of prehospital medical care
- Maintain a presence in the field to provide patient care and to provide direct medical oversight of prehospital medical providers
- Serve as a liaison between prehospital medical providers, other healthcare providers, and members of the community & system leadership
- Participate in local, regional, state, and national committees and organizations as they relate to prehospital medicine
- Maintain knowledge & expertise in all areas of prehospital emergency care as outline in the Core Content of Emergency Medical Services as defined by the American Board of Emergency Medicine (ABEM)
About Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Located on the largest freshwater lake in Wisconsin, Oshkosh and its surrounding communities are home to limitless recreational activities including sailing, boating and fishing as well as lively concerts (including Country USA and Rock USA), festivals and farmers markets. Oshkosh is also home to the EAA Airventure, an air show that hosts some of the world’s best pilots and aircraft homebuilders.
Just 90 minutes north of Milwaukee and less than an hour from Green Bay - residents enjoy easy access to major cities while enjoying the homespun atmosphere of this idyllic Midwestern city.
The area also boasts safe neighborhoods, excellent schools and an affordable cost of living.
About Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health’s combined strength and stability drives us forward. Our integrated delivery model allows our clinicians to offer state-of-the-art, top tier quality care throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern and central Illinois.
Our supportive staff and leadership are committed to an autonomous practice environment and continuously strive to be on the forefront of managing the changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology and innovative approaches to providing impeccable outcomes for our patients.
Whether you’re looking to practice in the heart of a dynamic city such as Chicago or Milwaukee, a multi-specialty clinic in the suburbs, or a charming small town, Advocate Aurora Health has an opportunity for you.
Working at Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health is committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. Diversity lives in the differences, great and small, that matter to us and make each of us unique – from our age and the color of our skin, to our abilities and the things we believe in. We know that empowering our differences inspires creativity that leads to innovative solutions – for our team members, consumers and communities. And because health care is built upon relationships, it’s important for the people we serve to be able to trust us to meet their unique needs.
By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our team members can thrive and our business can grow. As a team member, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.