Join an established and busy Emergency Medicine program at a brand-new hospital in beautiful Sheboygan, WI.
We are seeking a Full Time Physician to work 0.5 FTE as an EMS physician and 0.5 FTE as an ED physician.
- 22K annual ED visits
- See a wide variety of cases in a diverse patient population
- Join a very close-knit group of emergency medicine physicians
- Approximately 65 hours per month staffing in the ED with a mix of 8 and 12-hour shifts
- Experienced, supportive and innovative emergency medicine team
- Supportive specialists available in all specialties
- Large primary care base with strong interface
- This position will offer a comprehensive benefits package, paid occurrence-based medical liability insurance and a relocation reimbursement
This role has EMS Responsibilities:
- Provide education to prehospital medical providers
- Develop, review and educate prehospital medical providers on medical protocols and policies to optimize patient outcomes
- Develop and oversee quality assurance and continuous quality improvement in all aspects of prehospital medical care
- Maintain a presence in the field to provide patient care and to provide direct medical oversight of prehospital medical providers
- Serve as a liaison between prehospital medical providers, other healthcare providers and members of the community and system leadership
- Participate in local, regional, state and national committees and organizations as they relate to prehospital medicine
- Maintain knowledge and expertise in all areas of prehospital emergency care as outline in the Core Content of Emergency Medical Services as defined by the American Board of Emergency Medicine (ABEM)
About Sheboygan, Wisconsin
The spirit on the lake
The city of Sheboygan is located between Lake Michigan and the northern unit of Kettle Moraine State Forest and offers an abundance of outdoor activities for you and your family. Sheboygan County is home to world-renown golf courses, a legendary race track, beautiful marinas and the state’s only AAA Five Diamond resort.
The Sheboygan area provides its residents a family–centered Midwestern lifestyle with award-winning school systems, low crime rate and an easy commute.
About Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health’s combined strength and stability drives us forward. Our integrated delivery model allows our clinicians to offer state-of-the-art, top tier quality care throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern and central Illinois.
Our supportive staff and leadership are committed to an autonomous practice environment and continuously strive to be on the forefront of managing the changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology and innovative approaches to providing impeccable outcomes for our patients.
Whether you’re looking to practice in the heart of a dynamic city such as Chicago or Milwaukee, a multi-specialty clinic in the suburbs, or a charming small town, Advocate Aurora Health has an opportunity for you.
Working at Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health is committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. Diversity lives in the differences, great and small, that matter to us and make each of us unique – from our age and the color of our skin, to our abilities and the things we believe in. We know that empowering our differences inspires creativity that leads to innovative solutions – for our team members, consumers and communities. And because health care is built upon relationships, it’s important for the people we serve to be able to trust us to meet their unique needs.
By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our team members can thrive and our business can grow. As a team member, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.