Emergency Medicine Physician in the Chicagoland Area
The Department of Emergency Medicine at Advocate Christ Medical Center (ACMC) is seeking an outstanding physician to join our faculty. We provide care to the vibrant communities of the south side of Chicago, and we promote diversity and inclusion across our medical team!
- ACMC is a tertiary care center and Level I Trauma Center, with an emphasis on advanced cardiac and stroke care
- ACMC supports both LVAD and transplant programs
- Our high acuity emergency department cares for more than 115,000 patients annually, including 38,000 pediatric visits to our dedicated pediatric emergency department.
- Applicants must be board-eligible or board-certified in Emergency medicine and dedicated to education and clinical excellence
- Additional interests in research, ultrasound, simulation and administration are highly valued
- Our three-year emergency medicine program matches 14 residents annually, and fosters an environment of camaraderie, support, well-being, and service
- Many faculty members and residents live in downtown Chicago and enjoy all that this world-class city has to offer
- Academic appointments are available for qualified applicants through the University of Illinois
- Compensation and benefits are highly competitive, including an annual CME allowance, 401K match, relocation assistance, and full malpractice coverage
About Oak Lawn, IL
Oak Lawn, an attractive Village of nearly 56,000 residents and over 1,800 diverse businesses, has distinguished itself among Chicago’s leading southwest suburbs. Nestled in the center of Cook County, a distinctive “home town” essence flows through Oak Lawn; an unmatched quality evidenced through the community’s affable neighborhoods, dynamic business districts, well- maintained recreational areas and cultural vivacity.
The resources accessed within Oak Lawn are truly second-to-none. Exceptional educational opportunities are profound, as residents have a choice among a number of public and private school options and several higher education and continuing education institutions. Compassionate and quality healthcare is readily available through various established practices, along with the presence of Advocate Christ Medical Center and Advocate Children’s Hospital.
About Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health’s combined strength and stability drives us forward. Our integrated delivery model allows our clinicians to offer state-of-the-art, top tier quality care throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern Illinois.
Our supportive staff and leadership are committed to an autonomous practice environment and continuously strive to be on the forefront of managing the changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology and innovative approaches to providing impeccable outcomes for our patients.
Whether you’re looking to practice in the heart of a dynamic city such as Chicago or Milwaukee, a multi-specialty clinic in the suburbs, or a charming small town, Advocate Aurora Health has an opportunity for you.
Working at Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health is committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. Diversity lives in the differences, great and small, that matter to us and make each of us unique – from our age and the color of our skin, to our abilities and the things we believe in. We know that empowering our differences inspires creativity that leads to innovative solutions – for our team members, consumers and communities. And because health care is built upon relationships, it’s important for the people we serve to be able to trust us to meet their unique needs.
By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our team members can thrive and our business can grow. As a team member, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.