Seeking a dynamic GI trained Transplant Hepatologist to join our thriving program and continue the expansion and growth of our Liver Disease and Abdominal Transplant Program
Education, training and experience required:
- Completion of an accredited residency program
- Hepatology trained through an ACGME accredited GI pathway
- GI procedures are optional on your liver disease patients, but no GI call or practice is required
- Patient focused with excellent communication skills
- Collaborative, supportive team player
- Large quaternary care facility
- Collaborative team of Hepatologists providing services in Milwaukee and other locations
- Physician will evaluate and treat the whole spectrum of liver problems including management of primary liver disease, evaluation of metastatic/primary liver cancers and end-stage liver failure requiring transplant, and do procedures
- Transplant Clinic with a distinct Liver Disease Clinic on campus
- Excellent staff includes RNs, Physician Assistants, customer service reps and medical resident staff
- All ancillary services on-site
- Over 5,000 patients in the liver disease program
- Excellent results of complex, high MELD patients
What Advocate Health offers
- Integrated nationally recognized organization with physician-led medical group and embedded service line
- A diverse and inclusive environment ensuring safe and equitable care for all patients
- A competitive compensation model that is sustainable, equitable, transparent, compliant, and rewarding
- Health, dental, vision, life and paid medical liability insurance
- 401(k) plan with up to 3% employer match, in addition to a 3% company contribution for a total employer contribution of up to 6%
- Parental leave, adoption assistance and surrogacy assistance
- CME allowance
- Relocation assistance up to $12,000
About Aurora St. Luke's Medical Center
Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center is the largest hospital in Wisconsin and the only hospital in Wisconsin with a 24/7 on site heart care team. We provide innovative care to patients from across the state, country and world. A nationally recognized health care provider, we offer a wide range of medical specialties in a culturally affirming and compassionate way to help all people live well.
About Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Wisconsin’s largest city
With a county-wide population of nearly a million, Milwaukee offers the best of everything you’d expect to find in a major city while retaining a hometown feel in its many and diverse neighborhoods. Culturally, Milwaukee has many options, ranging from performing arts centers, theaters and museums – including an internationally designed lakefront art museum – to one of the nation’s top 10 zoos. Sophisticated, scenic, affordable and event-filled, Milwaukee has an impressive array of public and private schools, including UW-Milwaukee and Marquette University, award-winning restaurants, world-class shopping, and one of the most convenient and “user-friendly” international airports in the world.
About Advocate Health
Advocate Health is the third-largest nonprofit integrated health system in the United States. Advocate Health has a combined footprint across six states – Alabama, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina, South Carolina and Wisconsin. We are a national leader in clinical innovation, health outcomes, consumer experience and value-based care, with Wake Forest University School of Medicine serving as the academic core of the enterprise. In Illinois and Wisconsin, we serve nearly 3 million patients annually across 27 hospitals and more than 500 sites of care. We are a leading employer in the Midwest with a diverse team of over 77,000, including 3,700+ employed physicians and more than 2,000 Advanced Practice Clinicians in our physician-led medical group.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our teammates can thrive, and our business can grow. As a teammate, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.