Are you looking for a new challenge? Due to the expansion and growth of our Liver Disease and Abdominal Transplant Program we are seeking a dynamic GI trained transplant hepatologist to join our thriving program!
Education, training and experience required:
- Completion of an accredited residency program
- Hepatology trained through an ACGME accredited GI pathway
- Skills in all areas of hepatology including hepatectomy, ablation therapy (radiofrequency, cryoablation, chemoembolization), hepatic artery chemotherapy infusion pump placement and liver transplant
- GI procedures may be done on your hepatology patients, however this will not be a GI practice
- Patient focused with excellent communication skills
- Collaborative, supportive team player
- Large quaternary care facility
- Collaborative team provides services in Milwaukee and other locations
- Physicians will evaluate and treat the whole spectrum of liver problems including management of primary liver disease, evaluation of metastatic/primary liver cancers and end-stage liver failure requiring transplant, and do procedures
- Transplant Clinic with a distinct Liver Disease Clinic on campus
- Excellent staff includes RNs, Physician Assistants, customer service reps and medical resident staff
- All ancillary services on-site
- Excellent results of complex, high MELD patients
What Aurora offers:
- An integrated, supportive, physician-led organization
- A patient-centered environment focused on providing quality health care
- State-of-the-art technology
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Paid occurrence-based medical liability insurance
- Relocation assistance
About Milwaukee, WI
With a county-wide population of nearly a million, Milwaukee offers the best of everything you’d expect to find in a major city while retaining a hometown feel in its many and diverse neighborhoods. Culturally, Milwaukee has many options, ranging from performing arts centers, theaters and museums -- including an internationally designed lakefront art museum -- to one of the nation’s top 10 zoos. Sophisticated, scenic, affordable and event-filled, Milwaukee has an impressive array of public and private schools, including UW-Milwaukee and Marquette University, award-winning restaurants, world-class shopping, and one of the most convenient and “user-friendly” international airports in the world.
About Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health’s combined strength and stability drives us forward. Our integrated delivery model allows our clinicians to offer state-of-the-art, top tier quality care throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern and central Illinois.
Our supportive staff and leadership are committed to an autonomous practice environment and continuously strive to be on the forefront of managing the changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology and innovative approaches to providing impeccable outcomes for our patients.
Whether you’re looking to practice in the heart of a dynamic city such as Chicago or Milwaukee, a multi-specialty clinic in the suburbs, or a charming small town, Advocate Aurora Health has an opportunity for you.