Advocate Health malignant hematology and stem cell transplant is seeking a hospitalist to support the inpatient Stem Cell Transplant/Cellular Therapy program at Aurora St. Luke's Medical Center in Milwaukee, WI.
The inpatient team currently consists of MD/DO faculty, advanced practice clinicians, nurses and pharmacists that are focused on both inpatient and outpatient clinical care delivery for patients who are treated with chemotherapy for hematological malignancies and patients undergoing treatment with cellular therapy for these disorders. A team of hospitalists is being recruited to join our hematology/oncology physicians and assist with taking care of the inpatient service.
- The cancer program has a hematology/oncology fellowship program that takes two fellows per year.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary health care teams in diagnosis and treatment of conditions requiring chemotherapy with a diagnosis of a Hematologic Malignancy.
- Provide initial assessment and management of urgent issues related to internal medicine or critical care needs as part of the inpatient team.
- Assume in-house first call for the inpatient service, and respond promptly to all pages and questions related to the care of patients in assigned inpatient services.
- Attend required training in stem cell therapy and hematologic malignancy as well as meeting regulatory requirements, including those of the privileging institution, CMS, and the Joint Commission.
- Perform comprehensive histories and physical exams, identifies normal and abnormal findings, including physical, cognitive and psychosocial status.
- Opportunities to teach within the system may also be available
What Advocate Health offers
- Integrated nationally recognized organization with physician-led medical group
- A diverse and inclusive environment ensuring safe and equitable care for all patients
- A competitive compensation model that is sustainable, equitable, transparent, compliant, and rewarding
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision and life insurance, CME allowance, 401K and a deferred compensation plan, and paid medical liability insurance
- Relocation assistance up to $12,000
- Adoption assistance and surrogacy assistance
- Education Assistance Program
- Pre-tax accounts for dependent care, health care and commuter benefit
- Leave-of-absence programs including: FMLA, Military Leave, Parental Leave, Personal Leave, VESSA Leave
About Aurora St. Luke's Medical Center
Aurora St. Luke's Medical Center is the largest hospital in Wisconsin with 938 beds and 97 specialties. Approximately 1 in 4 patients diagnosed with cancer in Wisconsin is treated at Advocate Health and 1/3 of those patients are diagnosed and treated at Aurora St. Luke's Medical Center. At a system level, Aurora St. Luke's Medical Center is the quaternary hospital for 23 sites of cancer care and offers advanced cancer care under one roof for all types of
cancers with a wide array of treatment options.
Wisconsin’s largest city
With a county-wide population of nearly a million, Milwaukee offers the best of everything you’d expect to find in a major city while retaining a hometown feel in its many and diverse neighborhoods. Culturally, Milwaukee has many options, ranging from performing arts centers, theaters and museums -- including an internationally designed lakefront art museum -- to one of the nation’s top 10 zoos. Sophisticated, scenic, affordable and event-filled, Milwaukee has an impressive array of public and private schools, including UW-Milwaukee and Marquette University, award-winning restaurants, world-class shopping, and one of the most convenient and “user-friendly” international airports in the world.
About Advocate Health
Advocate Health is the 5th largest nonprofit health care system in the United States. We are a national leader in clinical innovation, health outcomes, consumer experience and value-based care. Advocate Health has a combined footprint across six states – Alabama, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina, South Carolina and Wisconsin. In Illinois and Wisconsin, we serve nearly 3 million patients annually across more than 500 sites of care in 27 hospitals. We are a leading employer in the Midwest with a diverse team of over 77,000, including 3,700+ employed physicians and more than 2,000 Advanced Practice Clinicians in our clinician-led medical group.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our teammates can thrive, and our business can grow. As a teammate, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.