Advocate Medical Group is currently seeking a Full Time Internal Medicine physician to join the core faculty at Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center. Our goal in the Internal Medicine Residency Program at Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center is to train superb clinicians who provide patient care with compassion and dedication. We are committed to providing an outstanding educational experience and fostering the personal and professional development of each of our residents. We do this by combining growth in clinical responsibility with focused education from a supportive, collegial teaching environment.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Has a passion for resident and student teaching and a commitment to caring for a diverse urban patient population;
- Has familiarity with ACGME program requirements and policy;
- Is dedicated to maintaining an educational environment conducive to educating residents in each of the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) competency areas;
- Has demonstrated astute clinical skills in inpatient and outpatient management;
- Has experience overseeing resident scholarly activity, ensuring the quality of didactic and clinical education including the maintenance and development of curricula and working directly with residents to ensure appropriate milestone development.
- Completion of an ACGME accredited residency in Internal Medicine
- Board Certification in Internal Medicine.
- A minimum of 2 years post residency faculty/teaching experience in a similar setting.
- Will consider Chief Residents.
- Documented research experience
- Bilingual Spanish speaking
About Chicago, Illinois
Chicago offers endless choices of where to live and each neighborhood has unique qualities and amenities. Walking tours are offered in almost every neighborhood and a stop at the Chicago History Museum provides a fascinating look into the past.
Lincoln Park is a prefect representation of urban neighborhood life. From beautiful brownstones to quiet little tree-lined streets, Lincoln Park has the market cornered on charm combined with convenience. Home to DePaul University's campus, the area is also full of a number of fun bars, restaurants, and locally owned boutiques. From students to families to young professionals, Lincoln Park attracts Chicagoans from all walks of life. It is also home to the Lincoln Park Zoo, set on 35 acres of beautiful land, just steps from Lake Michigan. The zoo was founded in 1868, making it among the oldest zoos in North America. It is also one of a few free admission zoos in the United States.
Chicago fans are still basking in the thrill of the Cubs 2016 World Series win. Wrigleyville is a lively little pocket in the Lakeview neighborhood that sits in the shadows of historic Wrigley Field, the second oldest stadium in baseball and home to the beloved Chicago Cubs. It has become a magnet for sports fans and young professionals alike. There really is nothing like a day at the ballpark!
Foodies appreciate the River North area. A stylish urban neighborhood that borders the Magnificent Mile and is just across the bridge from the Loop, River North is the go-to district for those who appreciate fine art and design. And for those who appreciate fine dining and drinks, the momentum behind the latest trendsetting openings continues to build and the late night energy swells.
Check out Chicago's scenic skyline and iconic architecture 150 feet into the sky on the new Ferris Wheel at Navy Pier, Illinois' most popular attraction. Look out at views in all directions from 1,000 feet above The Magnificent Mile, an upscale stretch of shopping along Michigan Avenue. Cruises along the Chicago River offer another great vantage point to see and learn about the rich history of Chicago architecture. Find out how Chicago rose from the ashes of the Great Chicago Fire to become the birthplace of the skyscraper and how Chicago has ties to 21st Century architecture marvels like the Burj Khalifa.
About Advocate Aurora Health
Together, we make healthy happen.
Now, as the 10th largest not-for-profit, integrated health system in the nation, Advocate Aurora Health’s combined strength and stability drives us forward. Our integrated delivery model allows our clinicians to offer state-of-the-art, top tier quality care throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern and central Illinois.
Our supportive staff and leadership are committed to an autonomous practice environment and continuously strive to be on the forefront of managing the changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology and innovative approaches to providing impeccable outcomes for our patients.
Whether you’re looking to practice in the heart of a dynamic city such as Chicago or Milwaukee, a multi-specialty clinic in the suburbs, or a charming small town, Advocate Aurora Health has an opportunity for you.