Advocate Aurora Health Care/ Advocate Children’s Hospital is growing and we are seeking a neonatologist to join our team at Advocate Bromenn Medical Center in Normal, IL. Advocate Children’s Hospital is the largest network provider of pediatric services in the state of Illinois.
About this role
- Advocate Bromenn Medical Center is a 221-bed teaching hospital with 8,800 inpatient admissions & 1,600 deliveries annually
- IDPH Level II Nursery (Intermediate Care Nursery) – care for infants > 1500 grams and > 32weeks gestational age
- 8 bed Intermediate Care Unit and newborn nursery service of 10-12 beds
- Average daily census 4 in intermediate care nursery
- In-house neonatology coverage M-F from 8am-4pm. Outside of these specified hours, call from home / AMG apartment within 30 minute response time
- Clinical involvement in various levels of daily inpatient care and consultations. (As defined in the Neonatologist’s Clinical Roles document).
- Clinical collaboration with families, nursing, residents, consultants, and ancillary staff.
Quality Improvement and Patient Safety
- Regular review and analysis of clinical outcomes.
- Implementation of innovative care and needed changes in clinical care practice achieved through active participation in quality and patient safety initiatives.
- Participation on hospital, departmental, and unit based committees such as infection control, pharmacy & therapeutics, multidisciplinary QI meetings etc.
Education and Teaching
- Bedside teaching and lectures/presentations to include teaching of residents, nursing staff and/or students, and other health care professionals.
- Participation in educational and learning activities both at the local and system level: QI meetings, Neonatal Journal Club, M&M, etc.
Professional Activities and Citizenship
- Onsite and offsite professional activities, which may include activities in local or state health departments, organizations such as the American Academy of Pediatrics, or in international professional programs.
- Maintain active instructor status in the Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP), defined as teaching a minimum of two classes over a two year period.
Professional Growth and Development
- American Board of Pediatrics (ABP) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) including commitment to part 4 (practice outcomes analysis and quality assurance) completion and part 3 (examination) preparations and fulfillment.
- Commitment to remain on the cutting edge of new ideas and technologies through an evidence-informed process of evaluation and introduction of new ideas.
- Commitment to keeping up with the current literature and best practices. Attendance at major neonatal conferences and share their ideas with other group members and NICU staff.
About Bloomington/Normal, Illinois
Bloomington/Normal is located in the Heart of Central Illinois and is situated approximately two hours from Chicago and three hours from St. Louis. The community location and quick access to Interstate 55, 74 and 39 allow for easy access to other cities in the region. A new train station in downtown Normal with daily Amtrak service is another travel option and if you enjoy more extensive travel, you will be happy to know that there is no need to spend an entire day in airports just to get away for a few days. The modern and easily accessible Central Illinois Regional Airport has free parking and direct daily flights to Atlanta, Denver, Dallas, Orlando, St. Petersburg/Clearwater, and Chicago.
This affordable community is a great place to live, work and play. It is home to exceptional public school systems that consistently rank amongst the top in Illinois and institutions of higher learning which include Illinois State University, Illinois Wesleyan University, Heartland Community College and Lincoln College-Normal.
Bloomington/Normal is a diverse community with an abundance of dining and shopping options, variety of fine arts experiences, numerous parks, Miller Park Zoo, Discovery Children’s Museum and more.
About Advocate Aurora Health
Together, we make healthy happen.
Now, as the 10th largest not-for-profit, integrated health system in the nation, Advocate Aurora Health’s combined strength and stability drives us forward. Our integrated delivery model allows our clinicians to offer state-of-the-art, top tier quality care throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern and central Illinois.
Our supportive staff and leadership are committed to an autonomous practice environment and continuously strive to be on the forefront of managing the changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology and innovative approaches to providing impeccable outcomes for our patients.
Whether you’re looking to practice in the heart of a dynamic city such as Chicago or Milwaukee, a multi-specialty clinic in the suburbs, or a charming small town, Advocate Aurora Health has an opportunity for you.