Advocate Aurora Health / Advocate Children’s Hospital is growing and we are seeking neonatologists to join our team. Advocate Children’s Hospital is the largest network provider of pediatric services in the state of Illinois. Our two Chicago metro area campuses are located in Park Ridge, Illinois in the northwest and in Oak Lawn, Illinois in the southwest. The Neonatologists for Children’s Hospital provide care for critical neonates in the NICU/SCN/ICN setting, newborn care of nursery patients (site specific) and newborn consultations. Advocate Children’s Hospital – Park Ridge is the central site of care and our neonatologists will be credentialed at all Advocate covered sites.
Our current needs are at the following hospitals
- Advocate BroMenn Medical Center – Normal, Illinois
- Advocate Sherman Hospital - Elgin, Illinois
- Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital - Barrington, Illinois
- Advocate Condell Medical Center - Libertyville, Illinois
- Advocate Trinity Hospital - Chicago, Illinois
- Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center – Chicago, Illinois
- Clinical involvement in various levels of daily inpatient care and consultations. (As defined in the Neonatologist’s Clinical Roles document).
- Clinical collaboration with families, nursing, residents, consultants, and ancillary staff
- Quality Improvement and Patient Safety:
- Regular review and analysis of clinical outcomes.
- Implementation of innovative care and needed changes in clinical care practice achieved through active participation in quality and patient safety initiatives.
- Participation on hospital, departmental, and unit based committees such as infection control, pharmacy & therapeutics, multidisciplinary QI meetings etc.
Education and teaching
- Bedside teaching and lectures/presentations to include teaching of residents, nursing staff and/or students, and other health care professionals.
- Participation in educational and learning activities both at the local and system level: QI meetings, Neonatal Journal Club, M&M, etc.
Professional activities and citizenship
- Onsite and offsite professional activities, which may include activities in local or state health departments, organizations such as the American Academy of Pediatrics, or in international professional programs.
- Maintain active instructor status in the Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP), defined as teaching a minimum of two classes over a two year period.
Professional growth and development
- American Board of Pediatrics (ABP) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) including commitment to part 4 (practice outcomes analysis and quality assurance) completion and part 3 (examination) preparations and fulfillment.
- Commitment to remain on the cutting edge of new ideas and technologies through an evidence-informed process of evaluation and introduction of new ideas.
- Commitment to keeping up with the current literature and best practices. Attendance at major neonatal conferences and share their ideas with other group members and NICU staff.
We require Procedural expertise needed to staff NICUs/SCNs/ICNs including: umbilical line insertion, chest tube insertion, endotracheal tube intubation, and neonatal resuscitation. PICC line insertion expertise encouraged. Illinois licensed, board certified neonatologists (Board eligible if recent fellowship graduates within two certification cycles). Ability to function well within the team concept of collaborative providers.
As part of Advocate Aurora Health Care, Advocate Children’s Hospital is also collaborating with North Shore Pediatrics making us the largest network provider of pediatric services in Illinois and the 10th largest Healthcare system in the US. Salary and comprehensive benefits are available through Advocate Medical Group, one of the largest physician-run organizations in the state.
About Advocate Aurora Health
Together, we make healthy happen.
Now, as the 10th largest not-for-profit, integrated health system in the nation, Advocate Aurora Health’s combined strength and stability drives us forward. Our integrated delivery model allows our clinicians to offer state-of-the-art, top tier quality care throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern and central Illinois.
Our supportive staff and leadership are committed to an autonomous practice environment and continuously strive to be on the forefront of managing the changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology and innovative approaches to providing impeccable outcomes for our patients.
Whether you’re looking to practice in the heart of a dynamic city such as Chicago or Milwaukee, a multi-specialty clinic in the suburbs, or a charming small town, Advocate Aurora Health has an opportunity for you.