Advocate Aurora Health & Advocate Children’s Hospital is seeking a Neonatologist to join our team at Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center in Chicago, IL with additional coverage at Advocate Trinity Hospital in Chicago, IL.
Advocate Children’s Hospital is the largest network provider of pediatric services in the state of Illinois. Our Neonatology team features 29 Full Time Neonatologists and 8 Neonatal Nurse Practitioners.
This position will provide in-house coverage at Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center (AIMMC), a Level III NICU, as well as coverage at Advocate Trinity Hospital, a Level 2 NICU.
Position Highlights at primary site of AIMMC:
- 24-hr in-house shifts, 8 shift per month (weekdays & weekends)
- Licensed bed capacity: 29
- Average daily census: 9
- Average daily range: 6-16
- Annual deliveries: 1700
- Active IL license
- Board Certified or Board Eligible
- This position is not J1 eligible
- Clinical involvement in various levels of daily inpatient care and consultations both inpatient and outpatient setting, which includes clinical collaboration and partnership with families, nursing, residents, pediatric subspecialty consultants, and ancillary staff.
Quality Improvement and Patient Safety:
- Regular review and analysis of clinical outcomes.
- Participation in quality and patient safety initiatives.
- Participation on hospital, departmental, and unit-based committees such as infection control, pharmacy & therapeutics, multidisciplinary QI meetings etc.
Education and Teaching:
- Bedside teaching and lectures/presentations to include teaching of residents, nursing staff and/or students, and other health care professionals.
- Active attendance at regularly scheduled educational activities such as system-wide and site Neonatal Journal Club, M&M, QI meetings, etc.
Professional Activities and Citizenship:
- Onsite and offsite professional activities, which may include activities in local or state health departments, organizations such as the American Academy of Pediatrics, or in international professional programs.
Professional Growth and Development:
- American Board of Pediatrics (ABP) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) including commitment to part 4 (practice outcomes analysis and quality assurance) completion and part 3 (examination) preparations and fulfillment.
- Commitment to remain on the cutting edge of new ideas and technologies through an evidence-informed process of evaluation and introduction of new ideas.
About Chicago, IL
Chicago offers endless choices of where to live and each neighborhood has unique qualities and amenities. Walking tours are offered in almost every neighborhood and a stop at the Chicago History Museum provides a fascinating look into the past.
Lincoln Park is a prefect representation of urban neighborhood life. From beautiful brownstones to quiet little tree-lined streets, Lincoln Park has the market cornered on charm combined with convenience. Home to DePaul University's campus, the area is also full of a number of fun bars, restaurants, and locally owned boutiques. From students to families to young professionals, Lincoln Park attracts Chicagoans from all walks of life. It is also home to the Lincoln Park Zoo, set on 35 acres of beautiful land, just steps from Lake Michigan. The zoo was founded in 1868, making it among the oldest zoos in North America. It is also one of a few free admission zoos in the United States.
Chicago fans are still basking in the thrill of the Cubs 2016 World Series win. Wrigleyville is a lively little pocket in the Lakeview neighborhood that sits in the shadows of historic Wrigley Field, the second oldest stadium in baseball and home to the beloved Chicago Cubs. It has become a magnet for sports fans and young professionals alike. There really is nothing like a day at the ballpark!
Foodies appreciate the River North area. A stylish urban neighborhood that borders the Magnificent Mile and is just across the bridge from the Loop, River North is the go-to district for those who appreciate fine art and design. And for those who appreciate fine dining and drinks, the momentum behind the latest trendsetting openings continues to build and the late night energy swells.
Check out Chicago's scenic skyline and iconic architecture 150 feet into the sky on the new Ferris Wheel at Navy Pier, Illinois' most popular attraction. Look out at views in all directions from 1,000 feet above The Magnificent Mile, an upscale stretch of shopping along Michigan Avenue. Cruises along the Chicago River offer another great vantage point to see and learn about the rich history of Chicago architecture. Find out how Chicago rose from the ashes of the Great Chicago Fire to become the birthplace of the skyscraper and how Chicago has ties to 21st Century architecture marvels like the Burj Khalifa.
About Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health’s combined strength and stability drives us forward. Our integrated delivery model allows our clinicians to offer state-of-the-art, top tier quality care throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern and central Illinois.
Our supportive staff and leadership are committed to an autonomous practice environment and continuously strive to be on the forefront of managing the changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology and innovative approaches to providing impeccable outcomes for our patients.
Whether you’re looking to practice in the heart of a dynamic city such as Chicago or Milwaukee, a multi-specialty clinic in the suburbs, or a charming small town, Advocate Aurora Health has an opportunity for you.
Working at Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health is committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. Diversity lives in the differences, great and small, that matter to us and make each of us unique – from our age and the color of our skin, to our abilities and the things we believe in. We know that empowering our differences inspires creativity that leads to innovative solutions – for our team members, consumers and communities. And because health care is built upon relationships, it’s important for the people we serve to be able to trust us to meet their unique needs.
By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our team members can thrive and our business can grow. As a team member, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.