Movement Disorders Neurologist for expanding service line at Aurora St. Luke’s in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Our practice is located at Aurora St. Luke, a 900+ bed teaching hospital and tertiary referral center:
- Join a practicing movement disorders specialist and nurse practitioner as part of a multi specialty tertiary neurology site. Two additional movement disorders specialists support our health care system at other locations.
- We offer awake and asleep DBS surgery with a fellowship-trained functional neurosurgeon and multidisciplinary conference evaluations.
- Opportunities for participation in intraoperative surgical placement if desired but not required. Comfort with DBS evaluation and programming is required.
- Clinic set up for botulinum toxin injections with in-office EMG, DBS programming, DUOPA infusions, on/off video evaluations.
- Bimonthly comprehensive Parkinson clinic provides interdisciplinary evaluations by physical therapy, cognitive evaluation, caregiver assessment and motor/nonmotor assessments.
- Additional complementary services available system wide for movement disorders patients including multi-site LSVT Big and Loud trained therapists, PDSELF seminar for newly diagnosed PD patients, a functional movement disorder rehabilitation program modeled after the BeST program at Mayo Clinic, readily available neuropsychological evaluations, in-clinic social worker, outpatient palliative care team and wheelchair evaluation clinic.
- Inpatient hospital coverage for a general consultative service. No stroke call required.
- Large referral network from established relationships and affiliated medical group practices throughout metro Milwaukee and southeast Wisconsin
- Extensive neurosurgical capabilities support our accredited comprehensive stroke program, brain cancers, epilepsy, movement disorders and the full spectrum of neurological care
- Experienced neurologists and graduating fellows are welcome. Candidates must be BC/BE with fellowship training in Movement Disorders.
- Guaranteed 2 yr salary with productivity incentives
- Sign-on bonus, relocation assistance, retirement package and paid malpractice
- CME days plus generous allowance
- For candidates coming out of residency/fellowship, we offer up to $125,000 in student loan forgiveness and as a nonprofit health care system, qualify for federal student loan forgiveness.
- H1 sponsorship is available
About Milwaukee, Wisconsin
With a county-wide population of nearly a million, Milwaukee offers the best of everything you’d expect to find in a major city while retaining a hometown feel in its many and diverse neighborhoods. Culturally, Milwaukee has many options, ranging from performing arts centers, theaters and museums -- including an internationally designed lakefront art museum -- to one of the nation’s top 10 zoos. Sophisticated, scenic, affordable and event-filled, Milwaukee has an impressive array of public and private schools, including UW-Milwaukee and Marquette University, award-winning restaurants, world-class shopping, and a convenient international airport.
About Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health’s combined strength and stability drives us forward. Our integrated delivery model allows our clinicians to offer state-of-the-art, top tier quality care throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern and central Illinois.
Our supportive staff and leadership are committed to an autonomous practice environment and continuously strive to be on the forefront of managing the changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology and innovative approaches to providing impeccable outcomes for our patients.
Whether you’re looking to practice in the heart of a dynamic city such as Chicago or Milwaukee, a multi-specialty clinic in the suburbs, or a charming small town, Advocate Aurora Health has an opportunity for you.