Neurosurgery “ Cerebrovascular Fellowship” Experience
Advocate Aurora Health is offering a 2 year opportunity for a residency trained Neurosurgeon interested in Cerebrovascular sub-specialty training under the mentorship of Dr. Demetrius Lopes.
This robust training experience will be based out of Advocate Lutheran General Hospital with Advocate Illinois Masonic Hospital serving as a secondary site. In addition to being desirable tertiary referral centers and teaching hospitals in metro-Chicago, both hospitals are level I trauma and comprehensive stroke centers which will provide a broad spectrum of cases.
- This is a great opportunity to join an established team of seasoned mentors in a multi-disciplinary environment with a commitment to high quality, patient focused care.
Advocate Aurora Health is one of the largest not-for-profit, integrated health systems in the United States.
- We are a leading employer in the Midwest with 75,000 employees, including more than 3700 employed physicians, 1800+APC's and more than 22,000 nurses. We are the region’s largest employed medical group and home health organization.
- A national leader in clinical innovation, health outcomes, consumer experience and value-based care, the system serves nearly 3 million patients annually in Illinois and Wisconsin across more than 500 sites of care in 26 hospitals.
- Advocate Aurora is engaged in hundreds of clinical trials and research studies and is nationally recognized for its expertise in cardiology, neurosciences, oncology, and pediatrics.
Program Overview: Join 3 other Neuro Interventional Radiologist Neurosurgeons to provide Q4 Neuro IR call and Q3 weekend Neurosurgery call.
- In-depth study, prevention, diagnosis and treatment of vascular disease involving the central nervous system
- Training in neurovascular robotic intervention
- Largest neuroendovascular volume in Chicagoland area
- Maintenance of general neurosurgical skills during neurovascular training
- Broad exposure to clinical evaluation and appropriate patient selection for operative and non-operative management in both the inpatient and outpatient setting.
- Participate in the latest clinical research trials in cerebrovascular/stroke field
- State-of-the-art neurovascular imaging capabilities
- Participate in the operative management of a wide range of cerebrovascular disorders including acute stroke, aneurysms and arteriovenous malformations
- Exposure to modern endovascular and minimally invasive techniques for adults and pediatric patients
Education, training and/or experience required:
- Completion of an ACGME accredited Neurosurgery residency program, and must be Board Eligible for Board Certification by the ABNS
- Skills and interest in Neuro endovascular and Cerebrovascular cases
- Compassionate, patient centered physician with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative, supportive team player
What Advocate Aurora Offers:
- Integrated nationally recognized and financially stable Healthcare system
- A diverse and inclusive environment ensuring safe and equitable care for all patients
- State-of-the-art technology
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental and life insurance, CME allowance, 401K, and paid medical liability insurance
- Relocation assistance up to $12,000
About Park Ridge and Chicago, Illinois
Park Ridge is a picturesque suburb located 14 miles northwest of downtown Chicago, convenient to O'Hare Airport, major expressways, CTA and Metra trains allowing for an easy commute into the city while enjoying peaceful suburban living.
The city of Chicago offers endless choices of where to live and each neighborhood has unique qualities and amenities. In the heart of the city, you’re never far from just about any activity. Historic architecture, buzzing social scene, high culture and the Cubs. Chicago has it all!
About Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health’s combined strength and stability drives us forward. Our integrated delivery model allows our clinicians to offer state-of-the-art, top tier quality care throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern and central Illinois.
Our supportive staff and leadership are committed to an autonomous practice environment and continuously strive to be on the forefront of managing the changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology and innovative approaches to providing impeccable outcomes for our patients.
Whether you’re looking to practice in the heart of a dynamic city such as Chicago or Milwaukee, a multi-specialty clinic in the suburbs, or a charming small town, Advocate Aurora Health has an opportunity for you.
Working at Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health is committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. Diversity lives in the differences, great and small, that matter to us and make each of us unique – from our age and the color of our skin, to our abilities and the things we believe in. We know that empowering our differences inspires creativity that leads to innovative solutions – for our team members, consumers and communities. And because health care is built upon relationships, it’s important for the people we serve to be able to trust us to meet their unique needs.
By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our team members can thrive and our business can grow. As a team member, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.