Advocate Health has a great opportunity for a new or experienced OB anesthesiologist to join our comprehensive surgical team in the Milwaukee area. The Department of Anesthesiology at Aurora West Allis Medical Center is inviting applications for the position of obstetric anesthesiologist at its Women's Pavilion, a beautiful 5 story ACOG Maternal Level of Care III facility located in suburban Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- Large anesthesia group covers a number of the Advocate Aurora facilities in southeast Wisconsin and Illinois
- The dedicated obstetric anesthesia staff at our Women's Pavilion provide care for over 3200 deliveries annually
- 68% labor epidural rate
- Committed and collaborative team of obstetric anesthesiologists and nurse anesthetists collaborate during 24-hour in-house shifts
- Will cover 104 to 125 shifts per year; additional compensation for extra 24-hour shifts
- Surgical procedures include cesarean section, dilation and curettage, cervical cerclage, external cephalic version, and post-partum tubal ligation
Training and/or experience required:
- Completion of an anesthesiology residency from an accredited program
- Excellent neuraxial and general anesthesiology skills with demonstrated experience and/or commitment to obstetric anesthesia
- Fellowship experience is valued but not required
- Patient centered with excellent communication skills
- Collaborative team player
What Advocate Health offers
- Integrated nationally recognized organization with physician-led medical group and embedded service line
- A diverse and inclusive environment ensuring safe and equitable care for all patients
- A competitive compensation model that is sustainable, equitable, transparent, compliant, and rewarding
- Health, dental, vision, life and paid medical liability insurance
- 401(k) plan with up to 3% employer match, in addition to a 3% company contribution for a total employer contribution of up to 6%
- Parental leave, adoption assistance and surrogacy assistance
- CME allowance
- Generous student loan forgiveness
- Relocation assistance up to $12,000
About West Allis, WI
City at the Center
West Allis is the right place for anyone that is looking for a highly accessible, central location. They have many terrific, family-friendly neighborhoods, filled with energetic, creative residents and diverse businesses, as well as easy access to some of the most popular attractions in the metro Milwaukee area. A variety of fun-filled activities occur year-round, including Cool Waters Park, the Wisconsin State Fair, frequent farmers markets, and several parks and bike trails.
About Advocate Health
Advocate Health is the third-largest nonprofit integrated health system in the United States. Advocate Health has a combined footprint across six states – Alabama, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina, South Carolina and Wisconsin. We are a national leader in clinical innovation, health outcomes, consumer experience and value-based care, with Wake Forest University School of Medicine serving as the academic core of the enterprise. In Illinois and Wisconsin, we serve nearly 3 million patients annually across 27 hospitals and more than 500 sites of care. We are a leading employer in the Midwest with a diverse team of over 77,000, including 3,700+ employed physicians and more than 2,000 Advanced Practice Clinicians in our physician-led medical group.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our teammates can thrive, and our business can grow. As a teammate, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.