Advocate Aurora Health has a great opportunity for a new or experienced OB anesthesiologist to join our comprehensive surgical team in the Milwaukee area. The Department of Anesthesiology at Aurora West Allis Medical Center is inviting applications for the position of obstetric anesthesiologist at its Women's Pavilion, a beautiful 5 story ACOG Maternal Level of Care III facility located in suburban Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Education, training and experience required:
- Completion of an anesthesiology residency from an accredited program
- Excellent neuraxial and general anesthesiology skills with demonstrated experience and/or commitment to obstetric anesthesia
- Fellowship experience is valued but not required
- Patient centered with excellent communication skills
- Collaborative team player
- Large anesthesia group covers a number of the Advocate Aurora facilities in southeast Wisconsin and Illinois
- The dedicated obstetric anesthesia staff at our Women's Pavilion provide care for over 3200 deliveries annually
- 68% labor epidural rate
- Committed and collaborative team of obstetric anesthesiologists and nurse anesthetists collaborate during 24-hour in-house shifts
- Will cover 104 to 125 shifts per year; additional compensation for extra 24-hour shifts
- Surgical procedures include cesarean section, dilation and curettage, cervical cerclage, external cephalic version, and post-partum tubal ligation
What Advocate Aurora Offers:
- Integrated nationally recognized organization
- A diverse and inclusive environment ensuring safe and equitable care for all patients
- State-of-the-art technology
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental and life insurance, CME allowance, 401K and a deferred compensation plan, and paid medical liability insurance
- Relocation assistance up to $12,000
About West Allis, WI
West Allis is the right place for anyone that is looking for a highly accessible, central location. They have many terrific, family-friendly neighborhoods, filled with energetic, creative residents and diverse businesses, as well as easy access to some of the most popular attractions in the metro Milwaukee area. A variety of fun-filled activities occur year-round, including Cool Waters Park, the Wisconsin State Fair, frequent farmers markets, and several parks and bike trails.
About Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health is one of the largest not-for-profit integrated health systems in the nation. Our integrated delivery model allows our clinicians to offer state-of-the-art, top tier quality care throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern and central Illinois. Our diverse team of over 70,000 includes 3600+ physicians and 1800+ Advanced Practice Clinicians. With a commitment to an autonomous practice environment, our patients and their families are at the heart of everything we do. Advocate Aurora Health continuously strives to be a leader in the changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology and innovative approaches to providing impeccable outcomes for our patients.
Whether you’re looking to practice in the heart of a dynamic city such as Chicago or Milwaukee, a multi-specialty clinic in the suburbs, or a charming small town, Advocate Aurora Health has an opportunity for you.
Working at Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health is committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. Diversity lives in the differences, great and small, that matter to us and make each of us unique – from our age and the color of our skin, to our abilities and the things we believe in. We know that empowering our differences inspires creativity that leads to innovative solutions – for our team members, consumers and communities. And because health care is built upon relationships, it’s important for the people we serve to be able to trust us to meet their unique needs.
By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our team members can thrive and our business can grow. As a team member, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.