Join one of the nation’s largest, most respected health systems and experience what it means to live well. Advocate Health is seeking an OB Hospitalist to join our physician-led medical group and serve its patients at Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center in Chicago, IL.
Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center is a 397-bed non-profit teaching hospital located on Chicago’s North Side. Advocate Illinois Masonic offers a wide range of medical specialties and is nationally recognized for its medical expertise, use of the most innovative technologies and dedication to patient safety, quality and service.
As a designated Baby-Friendly hospital, Advocate Illinois Masonic offers the highest level of prenatal and postnatal care by board-certified obstetricians, perinatologists, neonatologists and certified nurse-midwives.
- Manage all deliveries for the Advocate Medical Group OB/GYN group at Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center (12 FTEs)
- Hours: 173 (12)-hr shifts annually / 7a-7p or 7p-7a
- Act as the supervisor for Resident, Family Practice, and Midwife deliveries
- Volume: 1,542 deliveries total at the Hospital in 2022, about 1,288 for this group
- Resident interaction: Obstetrics & Gynecology, Family Practice, and Emergency Medicine
- MFM deliveries go through our residents who are supervised by our OB hospitalists
- There is a back-up OB/GYN physician on 24-7
- No Emergency Room and no GYN responsibilities
- EPIC EMR
What Advocate Health offers
- Integrated nationally recognized organization with physician-led medical group and embedded Women's Health service line
- A diverse and inclusive environment ensuring safe and equitable care for all patients
- A competitive compensation model that is sustainable, equitable, transparent, compliant, and rewarding
- Health, dental, vision, life and paid medical liability insurance
- 401(k) plan with up to 3% employer match, in addition to a 3% company contribution for a total employer contribution of up to 6%
- Parental leave, adoption assistance and surrogacy assistance
- CME allowance
- Relocation assistance up to $12,000
About Central Chicago, Illinois
The city center area covers a little more than 4 square miles, lying roughly between Division Street on the north, Lake Michigan on the east, 26th Street on the south and Halsted on the west. The three branches of the Chicago River meet in this area and the area is considered the city's commercial hub.
The area known as the Loop is a section within downtown, surrounded by elevated tracks of the rapid transit network. Many of downtown's commercial, cultural, and financial institutions are located in the Loop. Today, the Loop is also used to identify the larger downtown area.
River North contains the Magnificent Mile, a concentration of high-end retail. The central area is home to Grant and Millennium Parks, skyscrapers, museums, and shopping; and is the site of the city's largest parades: the annual Christmas, Thanksgiving and Saint Patrick's Day parades.
About Advocate Health
Advocate Health is the third-largest nonprofit integrated health system in the United States. Advocate Health has a combined footprint across six states – Alabama, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina, South Carolina and Wisconsin. We are a national leader in clinical innovation, health outcomes, consumer experience and value-based care, with Wake Forest University School of Medicine serving as the academic core of the enterprise. In Illinois and Wisconsin, we serve nearly 3 million patients annually across 27 hospitals and more than 500 sites of care. We are a leading employer in the Midwest with a diverse team of over 77,000, including 3,700+ employed physicians and more than 2,000 Advanced Practice Clinicians in our physician-led medical group.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our teammates can thrive, and our business can grow. As a teammate, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.