Join one of the nation’s largest, most respected health systems and experience what it means to live well. Advocate Health is seeking an OB Hospitalist to join our physician-led medical group and serve its patients at Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn, IL.
Advocate Christ Medical Center is not-for-profit, 788-bed, premier teaching institution with more than 1,500 affiliated physicians. Advocate Christ Medical Center is one of the major referral hospitals in the Midwest for a number of specialties, including cancer care; cardiovascular services; heart and kidney transplantation; neurosciences; orthopedics; and women’s health.
The hospital provides emergency care for more than 105,000 patient visits annually and has one of the busiest Level I trauma centers in Illinois.
- Manage all deliveries for the Advocate Medical Group OB/GYN group at Advocate Christ Medical Center (11 FTEs)
- Hours: 156 (12)-hr shifts annually / 7a-7p or 7p-7a
- Volume: About 4,000 deliveries annually at the Hospital with around 1,000 for this group
- Resident & Medical Student Teaching
- MFM deliveries go through our residents who are supervised by our OB hospitalists
- There is a back-up OB/GYN physician on 24-7
- Minimal work on GYN, only in-patient and surgical emergency coverage
- Participate in coverage for our busy OB emergency room in the triage of patients from first trimester to postpartum time period. OBED volume: 750 patients per month
- Participate in coverage of our L&D teaching service doing deliveries, postpartum care, and urgent gyn care
- EPIC EMR
What Advocate Health offers
- Integrated nationally recognized organization with physician-led medical group and embedded Women's Health service line
- A diverse and inclusive environment ensuring safe and equitable care for all patients
- A competitive compensation model that is sustainable, equitable, transparent, compliant, and rewarding
- Health, dental, vision, life and paid medical liability insurance
- 401(k) plan with up to 3% employer match, in addition to a 3% company contribution for a total employer contribution of up to 6%
- Parental leave, adoption assistance and surrogacy assistance
- CME allowance
- Relocation assistance up to $12,000
About Oak Lawn, Illinois
Oak Lawn, an attractive Village of nearly 56,000 residents and over 1,800 diverse businesses, has distinguished itself among Chicago’s leading southwest suburbs. Nestled in the center of Cook County, a distinctive “home town” essence flows through Oak Lawn; an unmatched quality evidenced through the community’s affable neighborhoods, dynamic business districts, well- maintained recreational areas and cultural vivacity.
The resources accessed within Oak Lawn are truly second-to-none. Exceptional educational opportunities are profound, as residents have a choice among a number of public and private school options and several higher education and continuing education institutions. Compassionate and quality healthcare is readily available through various established practices, along with the presence of Advocate Christ Medical Center and Advocate Children’s Hospital.
About Advocate Health
Advocate Health is the third-largest nonprofit integrated health system in the United States. Advocate Health has a combined footprint across six states – Alabama, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina, South Carolina and Wisconsin. We are a national leader in clinical innovation, health outcomes, consumer experience and value-based care, with Wake Forest University School of Medicine serving as the academic core of the enterprise. In Illinois and Wisconsin, we serve nearly 3 million patients annually across 27 hospitals and more than 500 sites of care. We are a leading employer in the Midwest with a diverse team of over 77,000, including 3,700+ employed physicians and more than 2,000 Advanced Practice Clinicians in our physician-led medical group.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our teammates can thrive, and our business can grow. As a teammate, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.