Program Director OB/GYN Residency Program - Aurora Sinai Medical Center - Milwaukee, WI
Provides an educational experience, that will enable resident physicians the expertise necessary to practice in the appropriate clinical settings independently and competently, in accordance with and as defined by the program requirements of the Residency Review Committee. Maintains continuing full program accreditation by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME)
- Provides clinical oversight and administration of program activities, residents, budget, and support staff. Ensures program functions efficiently.
- Participates in the interviewing and selection of teaching and program staff.
- Works collaboratively with the designated institutional official (DIO) to ensure the programs compliance with accreditation expectations, to obtain necessary support and resource allocation for the program, and to participate in the institution’s Graduate Medical Education Committee (GMEC).
- Manages and administers the programs non-clinical compensation budget including, but not limited to oversight, tracking, and any needed modification of compensation tied to education roles as it relates to program faculty members.
- Works collaboratively with the site-based medical directors, the patient service market, Aurora Academic Affairs, and others to ensure efficient, safe operations that meet or surpass organizational quality, patient loyalty, employee engagement, and financial performance goals.
- Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of a high quality educational program that meets and exceeds the program requirements for residency education in the specialty as written and approved by the individual specialty board and the ACGME.
- Assures that the program’s educational goals, objectives, and evaluations address the specific knowledge, skills, behaviors and attributes required of the residents to achieve competency in those six core competency areas as required.
- In partnership with the DIO, ensures program accreditation and maintenance of a favorable accreditation status.
- Maintains a robust clinical practice in both the inpatient and ambulatory settings as appropriate based on specialty. Spends at least twenty (20) hours per week in a clinical practice setting.
- Current physician license to practice medicine granted by the State of Wisconsin.
- Board Certified OB/GYN Physician
- Currently have or the ability to obtain unrestricted medical staff membership at the appropriate Aurora Health Care facility
- Knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform this job are typically acquired through a minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in following residency/fellowship as a faculty member, and experience as a clinician, administrator, and educator, which includes experience in organizing, planning, and developing long-range plans.
- Demonstrated leadership skills including project management, negotiation, decision making, delegation, prioritization, team building, time management, customer service, and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated excellence in clinical care and success developing collaborative working relationships with physicians.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of current trends in health care delivery, including the development of alternative delivery systems, care management, managed care, physician practice models, physician payment issues, and access to health care.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical, and organization skills.
About Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Wisconsin’s largest city
With a county-wide population of nearly a million, Milwaukee offers the best of everything you’d expect to find in a major city while retaining a hometown feel in its many and diverse neighborhoods. Culturally, Milwaukee has many options, ranging from performing arts centers, theaters and museums -- including an internationally designed lakefront art museum -- to one of the nation’s top 10 zoos. Sophisticated, scenic, affordable and event-filled, Milwaukee has an impressive array of public and private schools, including UW-Milwaukee and Marquette University, award-winning restaurants, world-class shopping, and one of the most convenient and “user-friendly” international airports in the world.
About Advocate Aurora Health
Now, as the 10th largest not-for-profit, integrated health system in the nation, Advocate Aurora Health’s combined strength and stability drives us forward. Our integrated delivery model allows our clinicians to offer state-of-the-art, top tier quality care throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern and central Illinois.
Our supportive staff and leadership are committed to an autonomous practice environment and continuously strive to be on the forefront of managing the changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology and innovative approaches to providing impeccable outcomes for our patients.
Whether you’re looking to practice in the heart of a dynamic city such as Chicago or Milwaukee, a multi-specialty clinic in the suburbs, or a charming small town, Advocate Aurora Health has an opportunity for you.