Advocate Aurora Health, one of the largest and most stable organizations in the country has an excellent opportunity for a dynamic new or experienced Ophthalmologist to join a well-established robust practice in Aurora, Illinois, just 40 miles outside of Chicago.
Training and/or experience
- Completion of an accredited Ophthalmology residency program
- Fellowship training in Glaucoma or Cornea preferred, but not required
- Illinois licensure or ability to obtain
- Join a robust practice where you will be busy immediately
- 2 Ophthalmologists, including one Pediatric Fellowship Trained Specialist and 2 Optometrists
- No headaches of running a practice, inherit a fully established practice
- No need to see kids, unless interested
- Practice in only 1 location with ASC in the same building
- Flexible Schedule
- Surgical Block time in Ambulatory Surgery Center
- No surgeries at the hospital, so no ruptured globes
- Shared Hospital Call 1:6
- Very light call, almost never need to go into the hospital
- Fully staffed department, including excellent Ophthalmology techs, RN, surgery scheduler and 1-2 dedicated staff for clinic support
- State-of-the-art equipment
- Epic EMR
What Advocate Aurora offers
- Highly competitive compensation with 2-year guarantee and ability to earn more
- Comprehensive benefit package including, health, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Retirement program with company match
- Relocation up to $12,000
- Paid Medical liability insurance
- Integrated nationally recognized organization
- Diverse and inclusive environment ensuring safe and equitable care for all patients
About Aurora, IL
Aurora, known as the "city of lights," is the second largest city in Illinois. Aurora is home to the ultimate shopping destination, Chicago Premium Outlets, and is at the area's epicenter of live entertainment. The historic Paramount Theatre provides world-class entertainment, including live dance, music and Broadway-caliber shows. The picturesque 30-acre RiverEdge Park is open year-round and is host to an array of seasonal top-name concerts, festivals, and cultural events. Hollywood Casino Aurora is home to the largest poker venue in Illinois, along with top entertainment. Mingled with its hub of arts, fabulous attractions, annual events and outdoor adventure, Aurora has it all.
About Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health’s combined strength and stability drives us forward. Our integrated delivery model allows our clinicians to offer state-of-the-art, top tier quality care throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern and central Illinois.
Our supportive staff and leadership are committed to an autonomous practice environment and continuously strive to be on the forefront of managing the changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology and innovative approaches to providing impeccable outcomes for our patients.
Whether you’re looking to practice in the heart of a dynamic city such as Chicago or Milwaukee, a multi-specialty clinic in the suburbs, or a charming small town, Advocate Health has an opportunity for you.
Working at Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health is committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. Diversity lives in the differences, great and small, that matter to us and make each of us unique – from our age and the color of our skin to our abilities and the things we believe in. We know that empowering our differences inspires creativity that leads to innovative solutions – for our team members, consumers, and communities. And because health care is built upon relationships, it’s important for the people we serve to be able to trust us to meet their unique needs.
By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our team members can thrive, and our business can grow. As a team member, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.