Join one of the nation’s largest, most respected health systems and experience what it means to live well. With supportive clinician leadership focused on Advocate Health as a Best Place to Care, we offer specialty specific councils, a physician-led compensation department, and strong business systems in place to promote work-life balance and reduce any barriers related to delivery of patient care.
Advocate Health is seeking a licensed Optometrist to join our physician-led medical group and service it’s patients and communities in Aurora, Illinois. The Optometrist will provide comprehensive eye health and vision examinations for Adult and Pediatric patients.
- Full-time position, where you will be immediately busy
- Collegial and supportive work environment with tenured physicians
- Excellent referral network in place with Primary Care Physicians
- Clinic and ASC in one building with state-of-the-art equipment, including onsite optical department
- Flexible Schedule
- 2-year salary guarantee with ability to earn more
- Generous Sign On
- Employed model with physician-led medical group
- Fully staffed department, including Oph Techs
- EPIC EMR
Training and/or experience required
- Completion of Optometry program required
- Doctor of Optometry Degree (OD)
- Ability to obtain Illinois licensure
What Advocate Health offers
- Integrated nationally recognized organization with physician-led medical group and embedded service line
- A diverse and inclusive environment ensuring safe and equitable care for all patients
- A competitive compensation model that is sustainable, equitable, transparent, compliant, and rewarding
- Health, dental, vision, life and paid medical liability insurance
- 401(k) plan with up to 3% employer match, in addition to a 3% company contribution for a total employer contribution of up to 6%
- Parental leave, adoption assistance and surrogacy assistance
- CME allowance
- Relocation assistance up to $12,000
About Aurora, Illinois
‘City of Lights”
Aurora, known as the “city of lights” is the second largest city in Illinois. Aurora is home to the ultimate shopping destination, Chicago Premium Outlets, and is at the area’s epicenter of live entertainment. The historic Paramount Theatre provides world-class entertainment, including live dance, music and Broadway-caliber shows. The picturesque 30-acre RiverEdge Park is open year-round and is host to an array of seasonal top-name concerts, festivals, and cultural events. Hollywood casino Aurora is home to the largest poker venue in Illinois, along with top entertainment. Mingled with its hub of arts, fabulous attractions, annual events and outdoor adventure, Aurora has it all.
About Advocate Health
Advocate Health is the third-largest nonprofit integrated health system in the United States. Advocate Health has a combined footprint across six states – Alabama, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Wisconsin. We are a national leader in clinical innovation, health outcomes, consumer experience and value-based care, with Wake Forest University School of Medicine serving as the academic core of the enterprise. In Illinois and Wisconsin, we serve nearly 3 million patients annually across 27 hospitals and more than 500 sites of care. We are a leading employer in the Midwest with a diverse team of over 77,000, including 3,700+ employed physicians and more than 2,000 Advanced Practice Clinicians in our physician-led medical group.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We are committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our teammates can thrive, and our business can grow. As a teammate, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.