Join one of the nation’s largest, most respected health systems and experience what it means to live well. Advocate Health is seeking new or practicing Optometrist to serve its patients at our Aurora Health Center in Waukesha, Wisconsin.
- Collegial and supportive work environment
- 100% Outpatient, Monday- Friday
- No weekends or Holidays
- Network referral source of thousands of employed Primary Care physicians
- State-of-the-art technology, OCT, Visual Field, Topographer, Yag Laser
- Fully staffed department with 2 Vision Techs
- Shared space with Ophthalmology and one Optometrist
- EPIC EMR
- Newly renovated space and Vision Center
Training and/or experience required
- Completion of an accredited Optometry Program required
- Doctorate Degree in Optometry required
- Wisconsin License or ability to obtain
- Patient centered with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative and supportive team player
What Advocate Health offers
- Integrated nationally recognized organization
- A diverse and inclusive environment ensuring safe and equitable care for all patients
- A competitive compensation model with 2-year guarantee that is sustainable, equitable, transparent, compliant, and rewarding
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision and life insurance, CME allowance, 401K, and a deferred compensation plan, and paid medical liability insurance
- Relocation assistance up to $12,000
- Paid Time Off
- Adoption assistance and surrogacy assistance
- Education Assistance Program
- Pre-tax accounts for dependent care, health care and commuter benefit
- Leave-of-absence programs including: FMLA, Military Leave, Parental Leave, Personal Leave, VESSA Leave
About Waukesha, Wisconsin
Vibrant City – Close to Milwaukee
Whether you’re looking for a peaceful night or a little excitement, Waukesha has something for everyone! Home to attractions like Fox River and Frame parks, where you can enjoy outdoor, and nature inspired activities. Stroll the charming historic downtown shopping district, including restaurants, movie theaters and live music venues. There are also plenty of museums, galleries, and performance venues such as the Carroll University Center for the Arts and Waukesha Civic theater. Far enough away from the chaos of city life, yet close to both Madison and Milwaukee to allow for a fun filled day trip.
About Advocate Health
Advocate Health is the 5th largest nonprofit health care system in the United States. We are a national leader in clinical innovation, health outcomes, consumer experience and value-based care. Advocate Health has a combined footprint across six states – Alabama, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Wisconsin. In Illinois and Wisconsin, we serve nearly 3 million patients annually across more than 500 sites of care in 27 hospitals. We are a leading employer in the Midwest with a diverse team of over 77,000, including 3,700+ employed physicians and more than 2,000 Advanced Practice Clinicians in our clinician-led medical group.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our teammates can thrive, and our business can grow. As a teammate, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.