Looking for that perfect place and the perfect practice? Advocate Aurora Health is seeking an orthopedic hand surgeon to join the team at Aurora St. Luke's Medical Center in Milwaukee.
Education, training and experience required:
- Completion of an orthopedic surgery residency from an accredited program
- Fellowship training in hand / hand-upper extremity
- Must have skills in all areas of orthopedic surgery
- Patient focused with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative team player
- Aurora St. Luke's is a 938- bed quaternary facility and the largest hospital in Wisconsin
- Cohesive group of respected orthopedic surgeons at the clinic with outstanding coordination of care in a supportive organization
- Collaborative busy surgeons work in a modern office suite located in the hospital
- Other locations will include a community clinic with some surgeries performed at our new ambulatory surgery center, just 15 minutes from the hospital
- Excellent support - all therapies available along with a dedicated staff
- Hand team includes 7 hand surgeons with call 1:8
- Excellent variety of cases and a diverse patient population
- Built-in referral base and excellent call schedule
What Advocate Aurora Offers:
- Integrated nationally recognized organization
- A diverse and inclusive environment ensuring safe and equitable care for all patients
- State-of-the-art technology
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental and life insurance, CME allowance, 401K, and paid medical liability insurance
- Relocation assistance up to $12,000
Get to know Milwaukee, WI
Wisconsin’s largest city
With a county-wide population of nearly a million, Milwaukee offers the best of everything you’d expect to find in a major city while retaining a hometown feel in its many and diverse neighborhoods. Culturally, Milwaukee has many options, ranging from performing arts centers, theaters and museums – including an internationally designed lakefront art museum – to one of the nation’s top 10 zoos. Sophisticated, scenic, affordable and event-filled, Milwaukee has an impressive array of public and private schools, including UW-Milwaukee and Marquette University, award-winning restaurants, world-class shopping, and one of the most convenient and “user-friendly” international airports in the world.
About Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health is one of the top not-for-profit health care systems in the country. Our integrated delivery model allows our clinicians to offer state-of-the-art, top tier quality care throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern and central Illinois. Our diverse team of over 70,000 includes 3,600+ physicians and more than 1,800 Advanced Practice Clinicians. With a commitment to an autonomous practice environment, our patients and their families are at the heart of everything we do. Advocate Aurora Health continuously strives to be a leader in the changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology, and innovative approaches to providing impeccable outcomes for our patients.
Whether you’re looking to practice in the heart of a dynamic city such as Chicago or Milwaukee, a multi-specialty clinic in the suburbs, or a charming small town, Advocate Aurora Health has an opportunity for you.
Working at Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health is committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. Diversity lives in the differences, great and small, that matter to us and make each of us unique – from our age and the color of our skin, to our abilities and the things we believe in. We know that empowering our differences inspires creativity that leads to innovative solutions – for our team members, consumers and communities. And because health care is built upon relationships, it’s important for the people we serve to be able to trust us to meet their unique needs.
By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our team members can thrive and our business can grow. As a team member, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.