Join one of the nation’s largest, most respected health systems and experience what it means to live well. Advocate Health is seeking a board certified orthopedic surgeon with fellowship training in adult reconstruction/total joints to serve its patients at the Advocate Sherman Hospital in Elgin with offices at our brand new clinic in South Elgin.
- Orthopedic Surgery - Sports medicine
- You will perform surgery at Advocate Sherman Hospital, a 255-bed Level II acute care community hospital, with new clinic space in South Elgin opening by early 2024
- Excellent hospital call schedule of 1:12; will take call on own patients to start, shared call as group expands; call center is in place with APCs and RNs to assist with calls
- MA, PSR and dedicate PA
- Will do the full breadth of general orthopedic cases in addition to adult reconstruction/total joints; total joints practice will grow as group is established
- Dynamic orthopedic service line leadership in place who understand what is important to you and will help establish and maintain a supportive practice environment
- EPIC EMR
Training and/or experience required
- Board certification/board eligible
- Fellowship training in adult reconstruction/total joints
- Strong desire to build an grow a solid orthopedic practice
What Advocate Health offers
- Integrated nationally recognized organization with a physician-led medical group
- A diverse and inclusive environment ensuring safe and equitable care for all patients
- A competitive compensation model that is sustainable, equitable, transparent, compliant, and rewarding
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision and life insurance, CME allowance, 401K and a deferred compensation plan, and paid medical liability insurance
- Relocation assistance up to $12,000
- Paid Time Off
- Adoption assistance and surrogacy assistance
- Education Assistance Program
- Pre-tax accounts for dependent care, health care and commuter benefit
- Leave-of-absence programs including: FMLA, Military Leave, Parental Leave, Personal Leave, VESSA Leave
About Elgin, Illinois
Elgin offers exceptional opportunities that include cultural arts, entertainment and recreation that are unmatched by surrounding suburbs. Located 38 miles northwest of Chicago and home to over 112,000 people, we are proud of our diversity and culture. The growing city has ready access to public transportation, diverse housing stock and a mix of commercial establishments. Residents and visitors enjoy a thriving cultural arts community, world-class parks, historical museums and over 100 places of worship.
Elgin has three different golf courses, dozens of parks, sports leagues, and biking trails to choose from. It also has its own zoo and museums that are open to the public. The Fox River Bike Trail offer more than 40 miles of guaranteed fun. It runs beside the scenic Fox River in Northern Illinois alongside historic railroad lines, crossing six bridges, and passing through nature preserves and charming towns.
About Advocate Health
Advocate Health is the 5th largest nonprofit health care system in the United States. We are a national leader in clinical innovation, health outcomes, consumer experience and value-based care. Advocate Health has a combined footprint across six states – Alabama, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina, South Carolina and Wisconsin. In Illinois and Wisconsin, we serve nearly 3 million patients annually across more than 500 sites of care in 27 hospitals. We are a leading employer in the Midwest with a diverse team of over 77,000, including 3,700+ employed physicians and more than 2,000 Advanced Practice Clinicians in our clinician-led medical group.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our teammates can thrive, and our business can grow. As a teammate, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.