Advocate Aurora Health is one of the largest integrated not-for-profit systems in the nation with facilities in both Illinois and Wisconsin. We have a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic orthopedic trauma surgeon to join an established team at our Advocate Good Samaritan Medical Center in Downers Grove, Illinois. You will join a group of five orthopedic surgeons specializing in joints, hand, sports medicine, and trauma, as they expand to develop a Musculoskeletal Institute in Downers Grove.
Training and/or experience required
- Completion of an accredited orthopedic surgery residency program
- Fellowship in orthopedic trauma
- Ability to manage polytrauma cases, peri-articular fractures, pelvis/acetabular fractures, nonunions, and infections
- Patient centered with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative team player
- The Musculoskeletal Institute is located in a newly renovated clinic with onsite x-ray, ultrasound, and casting; co-located with Neurosurgery, Pain Management, and Non -Operative Sports Medicine Providers
- Wellness Center and Physical Therapy Department with aquatic services on the first floor of complex allows for a multi-disciplinary approach for treating patients
- Primary location will be Advocate Good Samaritan, a Level I Trauma Center with approximately 40,000 adult emergency visits annually
- Dedicated Orthopedic Unit with Enhanced Recovery Total Joint Program
- OR with state-of-the-art equipment
- Dedicated block OR scheduling
- Support from an excellent group of Intensivists and Hospitalists
What Advocate Aurora Offers:
- An integrated, supportive organization
- A patient-centered environment focused on providing quality health care to all patients
- State-of-the-art technology
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental and life insurance, CME allowance, 401K, and paid medical liability insurance
- Relocation assistance up to $12,000
About Downers Grove, Illinois
Downers Grove, Illinois is located in the heart of DuPage County, just 22 miles west of Chicago. Since its founding in 1832, Downers Grove has been a destination for those who want to raise a family, and for those who want to build a business. It is a proud community of 49,000 who have made Downers Grove their home. It is also home to thousands of businesses who benefit from our strategic location and business-friendly environment.
Downers Grove is a premier location for business. We are home to many corporate and regional headquarters. In addition to Class A office parks, Downers Grove has sites for commercial and industrial tenants and opportunities for redevelopment projects. Downers Grove is located in the heart of the I-88 and I-355 corridors. O’Hare and Midway Airports are less than thirty minutes away. Our community is served by three Metra stations, including one in our vibrant downtown. Downers Grove has seven hotels, including two full service hotels. Downers Grove is also home to Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital, which has the only Level One trauma center in DuPage County.
The Village of Downers Police and Fire Departments, as well as the Emergency Management Team, ensure that our community is safe and well prepared. And the same is true for the Public Works Department, which maintains our streets and infrastructure.
Our community is served by two award winning school districts: Community High School District 99 and Downers Grove District 58. There are 11 elementary schools, two middle schools and two high schools. In 2013, U.S. News & World Report ranked our high schools as among the best in the state. There are also several private schools. And Downers Grove is home to the main campus of Midwestern University.
The Downers Grove Park District manages 49 park sites on over 600 acres. In addition, the park district operates the Downers Grove Golf Club and the Downers Grove Recreation Center, and holds events and programs throughout the year. Lyman Woods has over 70 acres complete with hiking trails.
About Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health is one of the top not-for-profit health care systems in the country. Our integrated delivery model allows our clinicians to offer state-of-the-art, top tier quality care throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern and central Illinois. Our diverse team of over 70,000 includes 3600+ physicians and more than 1800 Advanced Practice Clinicians. With a commitment to an autonomous practice environment, our patients and their families are at the heart of everything we do. Advocate Aurora Health continuously strives to be a leader in the changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology, and innovative approaches to providing impeccable outcomes for our patients.
Whether you’re looking to practice in the heart of a dynamic city such as Chicago or Milwaukee, a multi-specialty clinic in the suburbs, or a charming small town, Advocate Aurora Health has an opportunity for you.
Working at Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health is committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. Diversity lives in the differences, great and small, that matter to us and make each of us unique – from our age and the color of our skin, to our abilities and the things we believe in. We know that empowering our differences inspires creativity that leads to innovative solutions – for our team members, consumers and communities. And because health care is built upon relationships, it’s important for the people we serve to be able to trust us to meet their unique needs.
By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our team members can thrive and our business can grow. As a team member, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.