Change lives. Save lives. It’s what you were meant to do.
As medical professionals you are very much aware of the opioid crisis our country is experiencing. Opioids are prescribed to treat pain but under the right circumstances can be addictive – and deadly. Aurora Health Care invites you to explore a pain management position that focuses on getting patients off narcotics and finding alternative ways to treat chronic and acute pain. Aurora has a full complement of specialists who will support your practice and help patients get back to living their lives to the fullest. We currently have an opening in Milwaukee.
Education, training and experience required:
- Completion of an accredited residency program
- Background in addictionology and/or suboxone certification would be a plus
- Patient focused with excellent communication skills
- Collaborative team player
- Become part of a multi-disciplinary team approach to pain management in a cutting edge environment
- Provide patient assessment and refer to other specialists as needed
- Provide ongoing medication management when appropriate
- Utilize alternative medical therapies including cognitive behavioral therapy, physical and occupational therapy, complementary medicine and interventional treatment options
- Strong support from Aurora leadership and the state of Wisconsin’s MEB guidelines
What Aurora offers:
- An integrated, supportive, physician-led organization
- A patient-centered environment focused on providing quality health care
- State-of-the-art technology
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Paid occurrence-based medical liability insurance
- Relocation assistance
About Milwaukee, Wisconsin
With a county-wide population of nearly a million, Milwaukee offers the best of everything you’d expect to find in a major city while retaining a hometown feel in its many and diverse neighborhoods. Culturally, Milwaukee has many options, ranging from performing arts centers, theaters and museums -- including an internationally designed lakefront art museum -- to one of the nation’s top 10 zoos. Sophisticated, scenic, affordable and event-filled, Milwaukee has an impressive array of public and private schools, including UW-Milwaukee and Marquette University, award-winning restaurants, world-class shopping, and one of the most convenient and “user-friendly” international airports in the world.
About Advocate Aurora Health
Together, we make healthy happen.
Now, as the 10th largest not-for-profit, integrated health system in the nation, Advocate Aurora Health’s combined strength and stability drives us forward. Our integrated delivery model allows our clinicians to offer state-of-the-art, top tier quality care throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern and central Illinois.
Our supportive staff and leadership are committed to an autonomous practice environment and continuously strive to be on the forefront of managing the changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology and innovative approaches to providing impeccable outcomes for our patients.
Whether you’re looking to practice in the heart of a dynamic city such as Chicago or Milwaukee, a multi-specialty clinic in the suburbs, or a charming small town, Advocate Aurora Health has an opportunity for you.