Join one of the nation’s largest, most respected health systems and experience what it means to live well. Advocate Health is seeking dynamic Palliative Care Physician to serve its patients at Aurora Medical Center in Kenosha, WI.
Provide inpatient consultation services to patients, including family meetings to discuss and clarify goals of care, as well as provide guidance and oversee pain management.
- Join a well-established Palliative Care Team and be busy from day one
- Collaboration with a system program of Palliative Medicine Physicians, APCs, Social Workers, and Chaplains
- Shared call (average 1:6) to support good work/life balance
- Practice consists of a mix of Inpatient and Outpatient
- EPIC EMR
- Opportunity for further program development
- Share time between Aurora Medical Center Kenosha (AMCK) and the brand-new Aurora Medical Center Mt. Pleasant (AMCMP)
- Aurora Kenosha Medical Center is a 74-bed, 24/7 full-service hospital, including 59 Specialties
- Aurora Mount Pleasant Medical Center is a brand new 60-Bed, 24/7 full-service hospital, including 59 specialties, opened in 2022
- 60-miles North of the Illinois Border
Training and/or experience required
- Completion of an Accredited Hospice and Palliative Medicine Fellowship
- Board certification/board eligible in Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- Wisconsin License or ability to obtain
- Program Development or Leadership experience preferred, but not required
- Team player who is hardworking, ethical and has excellent communication skills
What Advocate Health offers
- Integrated nationally recognized organization
- A diverse and inclusive environment ensuring safe and equitable care for all patients
- A competitive compensation model that is sustainable, equitable, transparent, compliant, and rewarding
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision and life insurance, CME allowance, 401K, and a deferred compensation plan, and paid medical liability insurance
- Relocation assistance up to $12,000
- Student Loan Forgiveness
- Paid Time Off
- Adoption assistance and surrogacy assistance
- Education Assistance Program
- Pre-tax accounts for dependent care, health care and commuter benefit
- Leave-of-absence programs including: FMLA, Military Leave, Parental Leave, Personal Leave, VESSA Leave
About Aurora Medical Center-Kenosha
74-bed hospital dedicated to improving the health and wellness of the people we serve in the Racine, Kenosha, and Northern Illinois area. As a nationally recognized medical center we offer a wide range of specialty care in a compassionate and culturally affirming setting to help everyone we serve live well.
About Aurora Medical Center-Mount Pleasant
Center for excellence in health and healing, offering emergency, outpatient, and rehabilitation care, as well as inpatient care, including surgical and intensive care. A shining example of modern medical technology, Aurora Mount Pleasant features high-tech innovations designed to deliver precise, expert care, and help our patients stay safe, connected, and involved in all steps of their medical care and treatment. The medical center offers a wide range of specialty care in a compassionate and culturally affirming setting to help everyone we serve live well.
About Kenosha and Mount Pleasant
Located in the southeastern corner of Wisconsin, Kenosha and Mount Pleasant is midway between Milwaukee and Chicago. Both communities are growing quickly and have many opportunities for things to do and experience. Both communities offer a home town feel with amenities of larger communities. Enjoy pristine Kenosha area golf courses or maybe enjoy the long stretch of the Lake Michigan coastline. In southeast Wisconsin there is something for everyone!
About Advocate Health
Advocate Health is the 5th largest nonprofit health care system in the United States. We are a national leader in clinical innovation, health outcomes, consumer experience and value-based care. Advocate Health has a combined footprint across six states – Alabama, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Wisconsin. In Illinois and Wisconsin, we serve nearly 3 million patients annually across more than 500 sites of care in 27 hospitals. We are a leading employer in the Midwest with a diverse team of over 77,000, including 3,700+ employed physicians and more than 2,000 Advanced Practice Clinicians in our clinician-led medical group.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our teammates can thrive, and our business can grow. As a teammate, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.