Join one of the nation’s largest, most respected health systems and experience what it means to live well. Advocate Health is seeking dynamic new grad or practicing Palliative Care Physician to serve its patients at St. Luke’s Medical Center in Milwaukee, WI.
Provide inpatient consultation services to patients in a tertiary hospital, including family meetings to discuss and clarify goals of care, as well as provide guidance and oversee pain management.
- Collaboration with a system program of Palliative Medicine Physicians, APCs, Social Workers, and Chaplains
- Supports a Hospice & Palliative Care Fellowship Program
- Opportunity for Research and Academics
- Shared call support good work/life balance
- Mix of Inpatient and Outpatient
- Cancer Clinic and Advanced Heart Failure Clinics on-site
- EPIC EMR
- Excellent mentorship program
- Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center is a 938-Bed, 24/7 full-service hospital, including 87 specialties
- Nationally recognized for excellence in Newsweek and U.S. News & World Report
Training and/or experience required
- Completion of an Accredited Hospice and Palliative Medicine Fellowship
- Board certification/board eligible in Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- Wisconsin License or ability to obtain
- Team player who is hardworking, ethical and has excellent communication skills
What Advocate Health offers
- Integrated nationally recognized organization
- A diverse and inclusive environment ensuring safe and equitable care for all patients
- A competitive compensation model that is sustainable, equitable, transparent, compliant, and rewarding
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision and life insurance, CME allowance, 401K, and a deferred compensation plan, and paid medical liability insurance
- Relocation assistance up to $12,000
- Student Loan Forgiveness
- Paid Time Off
- Adoption assistance and surrogacy assistance
- Education Assistance Program
- Pre-tax accounts for dependent care, health care and commuter benefit
- Leave-of-absence programs including: FMLA, Military Leave, Parental Leave, Personal Leave, VESSA Leave
About St. Luke’s Medical Center
Aurora St. Luke’s is the largest hospital in Wisconsin (938-Beds) and the only hospital in Wisconsin with 24/7 on-site heart-care team. We provide innovative care to patients from across the state, country, and world. A nationally recognized health care provider, we offer a wide range of medical specialties in a culturally affirming and compassionate way to help all people live well.
About Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Wisconsin’s largest city
With a county-wide population of nearly a million, Milwaukee offers the best of everything you’d expect to find in a major city while retaining a hometown feel in its many and diverse neighborhoods. Culturally, Milwaukee has many options, ranging from performing arts centers, theaters, and museums – including an internationally designed lakefront art museum – to one of the nation’s top 10 zoos. Sophisticated, scenic, affordable, and event-filled, Milwaukee has an impressive array of public and private schools, including UW-Milwaukee and Marquette University, award-winning restaurants, world-class shopping, and one of the most convenient and “user-friendly” international airports in the world.
About Advocate Health
Advocate Health is the 5th largest nonprofit health care system in the United States. We are a national leader in clinical innovation, health outcomes, consumer experience and value-based care. Advocate Health has a combined footprint across six states – Alabama, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Wisconsin. In Illinois and Wisconsin, we serve nearly 3 million patients annually across more than 500 sites of care in 27 hospitals. We are a leading employer in the Midwest with a diverse team of over 77,000, including 3,700+ employed physicians and more than 2,000 Advanced Practice Clinicians in our clinician-led medical group.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our teammates can thrive, and our business can grow. As a teammate, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.