We are seeking a Pediatric Hospitalist to join our PHM Division at Advocate Children's Hospital in Oak Lawn, IL.
Advocate Children's Hospital (ACH), part of Advocate Aurora Health, is the largest network provider of pediatric services in Illinois and among the top 10 in the nation. We serve as a leader in comprehensive, dedicated care for our patients and are ranked in U.S. News & World Report among the nation’s Best Children's Hospitals in the areas of cardiology and heart surgery and neonatology.
- This position will entail coverage of our 45-bed Inpatient Unit (both resident-covered teaching and uncovered service), 4-bed Observation Unit (uncovered service), as well as our Nursery (resident-covered teaching service, no delivery) at Advocate Christ Medical Center General / Advocate Children's Hospital in Oak Lawn
- The PHM Attending schedule is composed of available day and overnight shifts. Personal and professional requests along with divisional needs will be taken into account to ensure an equitable split of these teaching and non-teaching shifts.
- Moonlighting opportunities within the division frequently exist. Individual schedules are done on a quarterly basis; allowing for enhanced scheduling flexibility.
- Once a member of our team, opportunities to be involved administratively (QI projects, Quality + Safety initiatives, pathway development, student/resident/PHM fellow education, etc.) will be available and required.
- PHM fellowship or PHM board certification is not required at this time.
- This position offers a great work/life balance, competitive compensation, no restrictive covenant, full benefits, CME, and malpractice & tail coverage
About Oak Lawn, IL
Oak Lawn, an attractive Village of nearly 56,000 residents and over 1,800 diverse businesses, has distinguished itself among Chicago’s leading southwest suburbs. Nestled in the center of Cook County, a distinctive “home town” essence flows through Oak Lawn; an unmatched quality evidenced through the community’s affable neighborhoods, dynamic business districts, well- maintained recreational areas and cultural vivacity.
The resources accessed within Oak Lawn are truly second-to-none. Exceptional educational opportunities are profound, as residents have a choice among a number of public and private school options and several higher education and continuing education institutions. Compassionate and quality healthcare is readily available through various established practices, along with the presence of Advocate Christ Medical Center and Advocate Children’s Hospital.
About Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health’s combined strength and stability drives us forward. Our integrated delivery model allows our clinicians to offer state-of-the-art, top tier quality care throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern and central Illinois.
Our supportive staff and leadership are committed to an autonomous practice environment and continuously strive to be on the forefront of managing the changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology and innovative approaches to providing impeccable outcomes for our patients.
Whether you’re looking to practice in the heart of a dynamic city such as Chicago or Milwaukee, a multi-specialty clinic in the suburbs, or a charming small town, Advocate Aurora Health has an opportunity for you.
Working at Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health is committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. Diversity lives in the differences, great and small, that matter to us and make each of us unique – from our age and the color of our skin, to our abilities and the things we believe in. We know that empowering our differences inspires creativity that leads to innovative solutions – for our team members, consumers and communities. And because health care is built upon relationships, it’s important for the people we serve to be able to trust us to meet their unique needs.
By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our team members can thrive and our business can grow. As a team member, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.