We are seeking a Full Time Pediatric Hospitalist to join our PHM Division in the suburbs of Chicago in our unique community hospitalist track.
Advocate Children’s Hospital is one of the largest network providers of pediatric services in Illinois. A major referral center for infants and children, our two main campuses in Oak Lawn and Park Ridge combine some of the country’s most respected medical talent with exceptional and compassionate care, making us a premier pediatric provider in the Midwest.
Hospitals with current needs:
- Pediatric Observation Unit at Advocate Children’s Hospital – Park Ridge, IL
- Advocate Sherman Hospital - Elgin, IL
- Advocate Condell Medical Center - Libertyville, IL
- Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital - Barrington, IL
This current opportunity allows a hospitalist to combine shifts between Gen Peds Observation Unit coverage at our Children’s hospital (Park Ridge) and Community Hospitalist shifts at our community sites above.
- ACH-PR Gen Peds Obs Unit: 10 bed unit, non-trainee covered attending only run unit of observation status patients, currently staffed as 10-hour day and 14-hour night shifts. Unit located on the same floor as the pediatric ward with access to full support of ancillary staff (ie therapists, social workers, consultants)
- Community sites: Sherman, Condell, Good Shepherd – staffed as 24-hour shifts with responsibilities include:
- Coverage of unassigned healthy newborns in Level 1 nursery
- Coverage of Level 2 nursery with neonatology on consult
- Newborn readmission for phototherapy or feeding difficulty into the nursery
- Attendance of high-risk deliveries with neonatology backup (delivery clinical competency and skill training provided)
- ED consultations for pediatric patients as needed
- Co-manage low volume adolescent post-surgical procedure patients (appendectomy,minor orthopedic surgery, tonsillectomy) with no comorbidities
- At Advocate Good Shepherd – provide telehealth consultation for other Advocate Emergency Departments without PHM faculty on site
- At Advocate Condell and Good Shepherd – supervise and educate MS-3 student from Rosalind Franklin University / Chicago Medical School on their core pediatric clerkship rotation
This position offers a great work/life balance with unique variety of shifts, competitive compensation, no restrictive covenant, full benefits, CME, and malpractice & tail coverage. Moonlighting opportunities within the division frequently exist as well. Individual schedules done by central scheduler for all sites on a quarterly basis; allowing for enhanced scheduling flexibility. Once a member of our team, opportunity to be involved clinically or administratively (QI projects, Q+S initiatives, pathway development, student/resident/PHM fellow education, etc.) are available.
About Park Ridge, Illinois
Park Ridge is a picturesque suburb located 14 miles northwest of downtown Chicago, convenient to O'Hare Airport, major expressways, CTA and Metra trains allowing for an easy commute into the city while enjoying peaceful suburban living.
Park Ridge is a prime residential community that retains its distinctive, small-town charm where “community” is a big part of this suburban town. The city’s vibrant Uptown shopping area includes the Metra station, Public Library and several parks featuring live musical concerts and special events are held in the summer. Throughout the city, quiet tree-lined streets, pleasing architecture, excellent schools, centrally located library and ample parks help make Park Ridge one of the most desirable family communities in the Chicago area.
Unique shops and a great selection of restaurants fill the Uptown area, where new buildings blend serenely with historic ones. The Uptown Park Ridge skyline is graced with cupolas, church spires and the 100-foot tower of the Art Deco Pickwick Theatre, which is on the National Register of Historic Places.
In addition to the Uptown shopping area, Park Ridge offers other shopping and dining convenient to every neighborhood, including South Park, Village Green, the Dee Park area bordering Oakton Ave. and the Higgins Corridor bordering Chicago.
Park Ridge hosts a variety of businesses from privately owned to major corporations and is home to Lutheran General Hospital, a Level 1 trauma center, teaching hospital and part of Advocate Aurora Health.
About Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health’s combined strength and stability drives us forward. Our integrated delivery model allows our clinicians to offer state-of-the-art, top tier quality care throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern and central Illinois.
Our supportive staff and leadership are committed to an autonomous practice environment and continuously strive to be on the forefront of managing the changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology and innovative approaches to providing impeccable outcomes for our patients.
Whether you’re looking to practice in the heart of a dynamic city such as Chicago or Milwaukee, a multi-specialty clinic in the suburbs, or a charming small town, Advocate Aurora Health has an opportunity for you.
Working at Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health is committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. Diversity lives in the differences, great and small, that matter to us and make each of us unique – from our age and the color of our skin, to our abilities and the things we believe in. We know that empowering our differences inspires creativity that leads to innovative solutions – for our team members, consumers and communities. And because health care is built upon relationships, it’s important for the people we serve to be able to trust us to meet their unique needs.
By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our team members can thrive and our business can grow. As a team member, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.