We are seeking a Pediatric Hospitalist to join our PHM Division at Advocate Children's Hospital in Park Ridge, IL.
Advocate Children's Hospital (ACH), part of Advocate Health, is the largest network provider of pediatric services in Illinois and among the top 10 in the nation. We serve as a leader in comprehensive, dedicated care for our patients and are ranked in U.S. News & World Report among the nation’s Best Children's Hospitals in the areas of cardiology and heart surgery and neonatology.
- This position will entail coverage of mainly our 10-bed Observation Unit (trainee uncovered service), but also offer opportunities to work in our 46-bed Inpatient Unit (both resident-covered teaching and uncovered service), as well as our Nursery (resident-covered teaching service, no delivery) at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital / Advocate Children's Hospital in Park Ridge
- The PHM Attending schedule is composed of available day and overnight shifts. Personal and professional requests along with divisional needs will be taken into account to ensure an equitable split of these teaching and non-teaching shifts.
- Moonlighting opportunities within the division frequently exist. Individual schedules are done on a quarterly basis; allowing for enhanced scheduling flexibility.
- Once a member of our team, opportunities to be involved administratively (QI projects, Quality + Safety initiatives, pathway development, student/resident/PHM fellow education, etc.) will be available and required.
- PHM fellowship or PHM board certification is not required at this time.
- This position offers a great work/life balance, competitive compensation, no restrictive covenant, full benefits, CME, and malpractice & tail coverage
What Advocate Health offers
- Integrated nationally recognized organization with physician-led medical group and embedded pediatric service line
- A diverse and inclusive environment ensuring safe and equitable care for all patients
- A competitive compensation model that is sustainable, equitable, transparent, compliant, and rewarding
- Health, dental, vision, life and paid medical liability insurance
- 401(k) plan with up to 3% employer match, in addition to a 3% company contribution for a total employer contribution of up to 6%
- Parental leave, adoption assistance and surrogacy assistance
- CME allowance
- Relocation assistance up to $12,000
About Park Ridge, Illinois
Park Ridge is a picturesque suburb located 14 miles northwest of downtown Chicago, convenient to O'Hare Airport, major expressways, CTA and Metra trains allowing for an easy commute into the city while enjoying peaceful suburban living.
Park Ridge is a prime residential community that retains its distinctive, small-town charm where “community” is a big part of this suburban town. The city’s vibrant Uptown shopping area includes the Metra station, Public Library and several parks featuring live musical concerts and special events are held in the summer. Throughout the city, quiet tree-lined streets, pleasing architecture, excellent schools, centrally located library and ample parks help make Park Ridge one of the most desirable family communities in the Chicago area.
Unique shops and a great selection of restaurants fill the Uptown area, where new buildings blend serenely with historic ones. The Uptown Park Ridge skyline is graced with cupolas, church spires and the 100-foot tower of the Art Deco Pickwick Theatre, which is on the National Register of Historic Places.
In addition to the Uptown shopping area, Park Ridge offers other shopping and dining convenient to every neighborhood, including South Park, Village Green, the Dee Park area bordering Oakton Ave. and the Higgins Corridor bordering Chicago.
Park Ridge hosts a variety of businesses from privately owned to major corporations and is home to Lutheran General Hospital, a Level 1 trauma center, teaching hospital and part of Advocate Aurora Health.
About Advocate Health
Advocate Health is the third-largest nonprofit integrated health system in the United States. Advocate Health has a combined footprint across six states – Alabama, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina, South Carolina and Wisconsin. We are a national leader in clinical innovation, health outcomes, consumer experience and value-based care, with Wake Forest University School of Medicine serving as the academic core of the enterprise. In Illinois and Wisconsin, we serve nearly 3 million patients annually across 27 hospitals and more than 500 sites of care. We are a leading employer in the Midwest with a diverse team of over 77,000, including 3,700+ employed physicians and more than 2,000 Advanced Practice Clinicians in our physician-led medical group.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our teammates can thrive, and our business can grow. As a teammate, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.