Join one of the nation’s most well-respected health systems, Advocate Health. Advocate Children’s Hospital is seeking a BC/BE Pediatric Radiologist to serve patients in the Chicagoland area. Advocate Children’s Hospital is the largest network provider of pediatric services in Illinois and among the top 10 in the nation.
This position is a hybrid position.
- Advocate Children’s Hospital includes 2 campuses (in Park Ridge and Oak Lawn, IL) with 455 beds across the Advocate system. Both campuses are approximately 12-15 miles from downtown Chicago.
- Can choose to live at or nearby either campus (Advocate Lutheran General Hospital or Advocate Christ Medical Center)
- Emergency fluoroscopic call is consolidated to only one campus after hour. This decreases the frequency of call for staff members.
- Advocate Children Hospital performs over 75,000 imaging exams with full gamut of pediatric pathology. Candidate not required to read pediatric neuroradiology or nuclear medicine. Pediatric cardiac is a plus but not required either.
- 100% clinical focus, with research opportunities available if desired.
- Evening and weekend shift reading can be done from home with a full PACS system similar to an in-house workstation.
About our Pediatric Radiology Group
- Our group has excellent relationships with our pediatric ER, pediatric surgeons, and pediatric specialists.
- We have a dedicated collegial group of fellowship-trained pediatric radiologists, working as a team toward the same goal of providing quality imaging to pediatric patients.
- All of our pediatric radiologists are employees of Advocate Aurora Health
- All pediatric radiologists have a very collegial working relationship and share interesting cases / intra-divisional consultation on a regular basis.
Required training and/or experience
- Accredited fellowship training
- Board certified/eligible
What Advocate Health & Advocate Children’s Hospital offer
- Collaboration with 120 pediatric medical and surgical specialists
- Physician-led medical group with well-established pediatric service line leadership
- Integrated nationally recognized organization
- A diverse and inclusive environment ensuring safe and equitable care for all patients
- A competitive compensation model that is sustainable, equitable, transparent, compliant, and rewarding
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision and life insurance, CME allowance, 401K and deferred compensation plans, and paid medical liability insurance
- Relocation assistance up to $12,000
- Paid Time Off
- Adoption and surrogacy assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Pre-tax accounts for dependent care, health care, and commuter benefits
- Leave-of-absence programs, including FMLA, Military Leave, Parental Leave, Personal Leave, VESSA Leave
About Oak Lawn, IL
Oak Lawn, an attractive Village of nearly 56,000 residents and over 1,800 diverse businesses, has distinguished itself among Chicago’s leading southwest suburbs. Nestled in the center of Cook County, a distinctive “home town” essence flows through Oak Lawn; an unmatched quality evidenced through the community’s affable neighborhoods, dynamic business districts, well- maintained recreational areas and cultural vivacity.
The resources accessed within Oak Lawn are truly second-to-none. Exceptional educational opportunities are profound, as residents have a choice among a number of public and private school options and several higher education and continuing education institutions. Compassionate and quality healthcare is readily available through various established practices, along with the presence of Advocate Christ Medical Center and Advocate Children’s Hospital.
About Park Ridge, IL
Park Ridge is a picturesque suburb located 14 miles northwest of downtown Chicago, convenient to O'Hare Airport, major expressways, CTA and Metra trains allowing for an easy commute into the city while enjoying peaceful suburban living.
Park Ridge is a prime residential community that retains its distinctive, small-town charm where “community” is a big part of this suburban town. The city’s vibrant Uptown shopping area includes the Metra station, Public Library and several parks featuring live musical concerts and special events are held in the summer. Throughout the city, quiet tree-lined streets, pleasing architecture, excellent schools, centrally located library and ample parks help make Park Ridge one of the most desirable family communities in the Chicago area.
About Advocate Health
Advocate Health is the third-largest nonprofit integrated health system in the United States. We are a national leader in clinical innovation, health outcomes, consumer experience and value-based care. Advocate Health has a combined footprint across six states – Alabama, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina, South Carolina and Wisconsin. In Illinois and Wisconsin, we serve nearly 3 million patients annually across more than 500 sites of care in 27 hospitals. We are a leading employer in the Midwest with a diverse team of over 77,000, including 3,700+ employed physicians and more than 2,000 Advanced Practice Clinicians in our clinician-led medical group.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our teammates can thrive, and our business can grow. As a teammate, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.