Advocate Children’s Hospital (ACH) and Advocate Medical Group (AMG) are seeking a full time BC/BE Child Abuse Pediatrician to join our growing team. ACH is the largest network provider of pediatric services in Illinois and among the top 10 in the nation. ACH has two Chicagoland campuses– Oak Lawn in the southwest and Park Ridge in the northwest, and additional services accessible throughout the state. With 259 beds at our 2 main sites, ACH serves as a major referral center for infants and children. Through a special, holistic approach, ACH combines some of the country’s most respected medical talent with exceptional and compassionate care. We serve more children in the state than any other pediatric provider.
About this role:
- The Child Protection Team consists of a full-time Board-Certified Child Abuse Pediatrician, Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, SANE coordinator, Pediatric Hospitalist and dedicated LCSW. Additional pediatric social workers and child life specialists work closely with the team.
- Provide Inpatient & outpatient consultations within a collaborative multi-specialty pediatric center
- Provide follow-up and consultation for children already reported to DCFS for abuse/neglect
- Outpatient follow-up of sexual abuse victims.
- Partner with several area child advocacy center sites and associated community partners.
- Educate medical residents and community partners.
- Help train and provide peer review/support for existing SANE program in the ED.
- Provide phone support during some evenings and weekends.
- Our ideal candidate is a BC/BE Child Abuse Pediatrician interested in working collaboratively with the existing Child Protection Team as we expand our services to the community.
About Oak Lawn, IL
Oak Lawn, an attractive Village of nearly 56,000 residents and over 1,800 diverse businesses, has distinguished itself among Chicago’s leading southwest suburbs. Nestled in the center of Cook County, a distinctive “home town” essence flows through Oak Lawn; an unmatched quality evidenced through the community’s affable neighborhoods, dynamic business districts, well- maintained recreational areas and cultural vivacity.
The resources accessed within Oak Lawn are truly second-to-none. Exceptional educational opportunities are profound, as residents have a choice among a number of public and private school options and several higher education and continuing education institutions. Compassionate and quality healthcare is readily available through various established practices, along with the presence of Advocate Christ Medical Center and Advocate Children’s Hospital.
About Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health’s combined strength and stability drives us forward. Our integrated delivery model allows our clinicians to offer state-of-the-art, top tier quality care throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern and central Illinois.
Our supportive staff and leadership are committed to an autonomous practice environment and continuously strive to be on the forefront of managing the changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology and innovative approaches to providing impeccable outcomes for our patients.
Whether you’re looking to practice in the heart of a dynamic city such as Chicago or Milwaukee, a multi-specialty clinic in the suburbs, or a charming small town, Advocate Aurora Health has an opportunity for you.
Working at Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health is committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. Diversity lives in the differences, great and small, that matter to us and make each of us unique – from our age and the color of our skin, to our abilities and the things we believe in. We know that empowering our differences inspires creativity that leads to innovative solutions – for our team members, consumers and communities. And because health care is built upon relationships, it’s important for the people we serve to be able to trust us to meet their unique needs.
By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our team members can thrive and our business can grow. As a team member, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.