Advocate Children’s Hospital (ACH) and Advocate Medical Group (AMG) are seeking a full time BC/BE Child Abuse Pediatrician to join our growing team. ACH is the largest network provider of pediatric services in Illinois and among the top 10 in the nation. ACH has two Chicagoland campuses– Oak Lawn in the southwest and Park Ridge in the northwest, and additional services accessible throughout the state. With 259 beds, ACH serves as a major referral center for infants and children. Through a special, holistic approach, ACH combines some of the country’s most respected medical talent with exceptional and compassionate care. We serve more children in the state than any other pediatric provider.
About this role
- The Child Protection Team consists of a full-time Board-Certified Child Abuse Pediatrician, Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, SANE coordinator, Pediatric Hospitalist and dedicated LCSW. Additional pediatric social workers and child life specialists work closely with the team.
- Provide Inpatient & outpatient consultations within a collaborative multi-specialty pediatric center.
- Partner with several area child advocacy center sites and associated community partners
- Educate medical residents and community partners
- Enjoy opportunities for prevention
- Provide phone support during some evenings and weekends
- Our ideal candidate is a BC/BE Child Abuse Pediatrician interested in working collaboratively with the existing Child Protection Team as we expand our services to the community.
About Park Ridge, Illinois
Park Ridge is a picturesque suburb located 14 miles northwest of downtown Chicago, convenient to O'Hare Airport, major expressways, CTA and Metra trains allowing for an easy commute into the city while enjoying peaceful suburban living.
Park Ridge is a prime residential community that retains its distinctive, small-town charm where “community” is a big part of this suburban town. The city’s vibrant Uptown shopping area includes the Metra station, Public Library and several parks featuring live musical concerts and special events are held in the summer. Throughout the city, quiet tree-lined streets, pleasing architecture, excellent schools, centrally located library and ample parks help make Park Ridge one of the most desirable family communities in the Chicago area.
Unique shops and a great selection of restaurants fill the Uptown area, where new buildings blend serenely with historic ones. The Uptown Park Ridge skyline is graced with cupolas, church spires and the 100-foot tower of the Art Deco Pickwick Theatre, which is on the National Register of Historic Places.
In addition to the Uptown shopping area, Park Ridge offers other shopping and dining convenient to every neighborhood, including South Park, Village Green, the Dee Park area bordering Oakton Ave. and the Higgins Corridor bordering Chicago.
About Advocate Aurora Health
Together, we make healthy happen.
Now, as the 10th largest not-for-profit, integrated health system in the nation, Advocate Aurora Health’s combined strength and stability drives us forward. Our integrated delivery model allows our clinicians to offer state-of-the-art, top tier quality care throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern and central Illinois.
Our supportive staff and leadership are committed to an autonomous practice environment and continuously strive to be on the forefront of managing the changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology and innovative approaches to providing impeccable outcomes for our patients.
Whether you’re looking to practice in the heart of a dynamic city such as Chicago or Milwaukee, a multi-specialty clinic in the suburbs, or a charming small town, Advocate Aurora Health has an opportunity for you.