Join one of the nation’s largest, most respected health systems and experience what it means to live well. Advocate Health is seeking a Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care Physician to join our physician-led medical group and serve its patients at Advocate Children's Hospital in Oak Lawn, IL.
- Join a group of 10 PCICU physicians
- Support staff consists of APNs, RNs, and Pediatric Cardiology Fellows
- Advocate Children's Hospital in Oak Lawn features a 16-bed PCICU
- Inpatient only
- The primary clinical role is caring for complex congenital heart disease patients including post-operative cardiac surgery, ECMO, heart transplant, and advanced heart failure patients including ventricular assist devices
- A typical cardiac Intensivist works around 12-14 service weeks annually, including 4-5 night shifts each month
- EPIC EMR
Training and/or experience required
- Pediatric Cardiac Critical Care Fellowship-trained
Advocate Children's Hospital serves as a leader in comprehensive, dedicated care for our patients and communities. We are consistently ranked by US News & World Report among the nation’s Best Children’s Hospitals for Cardiology and Heart Surgery. The Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS) continually recognizes us as a three-star rated hospital, the highest rating level awarded for quality and survival rates based on the STS Congenital Cardiac Surgery Database since the initiation of the transparency program.
The Advocate Children’s Michel Ilbawi Heart Institute is part of the Chicagoland Children's Health Alliance (CCHA). As part of the CCHA, Advocate Children’s Hospital, NorthShore University Health System pediatrics, and the University of Chicago Medicine Comer Children’s Hospital have joined together providing personalized care for children and families. Through our alliance, we’ve created an integrated and comprehensive network of pediatric experts, from primary to highly specialized care, as well as maternal fetal medicine.
What Advocate Health offers
- Integrated nationally recognized organization with physician-led medical group and embedded pediatric service line
- A diverse and inclusive environment ensuring safe and equitable care for all patients
- A competitive compensation model that is sustainable, equitable, transparent, compliant, and rewarding
- Health, dental, vision, life and paid medical liability insurance
- 401(k) plan with up to 3% employer match, in addition to a 3% company contribution for a total employer contribution of up to 6%
- Parental leave, adoption assistance and surrogacy assistance
- CME allowance
- Relocation assistance up to $12,000
About Oak Lawn, Illinois
Oak Lawn, an attractive Village of nearly 56,000 residents and over 1,800 diverse businesses, has distinguished itself among Chicago’s leading southwest suburbs. Nestled in the center of Cook County, a distinctive “home town” essence flows through Oak Lawn; an unmatched quality evidenced through the community’s affable neighborhoods, dynamic business districts, well- maintained recreational areas and cultural vivacity.
The resources accessed within Oak Lawn are truly second-to-none. Exceptional educational opportunities are profound, as residents have a choice among a number of public and private school options and several higher education and continuing education institutions. Compassionate and quality healthcare is readily available through various established practices, along with the presence of Advocate Christ Medical Center and Advocate Children’s Hospital.
About Advocate Health
Advocate Health is the third-largest nonprofit integrated health system in the United States. Advocate Health has a combined footprint across six states – Alabama, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina, South Carolina and Wisconsin. We are a national leader in clinical innovation, health outcomes, consumer experience and value-based care, with Wake Forest University School of Medicine serving as the academic core of the enterprise. In Illinois and Wisconsin, we serve nearly 3 million patients annually across 27 hospitals and more than 500 sites of care. We are a leading employer in the Midwest with a diverse team of over 77,000, including 3,700+ employed physicians and more than 2,000 Advanced Practice Clinicians in our physician-led medical group.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our teammates can thrive, and our business can grow. As a teammate, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.