Advocate Aurora Health/Advocate Children’s Hospital is seeking an exceptional Pediatric Emergency Medicine Physician to join our energetic division of 21 physicians. Experienced candidates preferred.
Advocate Children’s Hospital is the largest network provider of pediatric services in the state of Illinois. Pre-pandemic, our Pediatric Emergency Departments averaged a combined 60,000 patient visits per year.
Advocate Children’s Hospital serves as a leader in comprehensive, dedicated care for our patients and has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report as one of the nation’s leaders in pediatric cardiology and neonatology. In addition, the Children’s Hospital has been the recipient of the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Magnet designation.
- Split clinical shifts split between our Oak Lawn campus (40,000 patient visits per year) and Park Ridge campus (21,000 patient visits per year) in dedicated Pediatric Emergency Departments. Clinical volumes are augmented by Advanced Practice Providers who independently see lower acuity patients. Both campuses are supported by 24 hour attending staffed Pediatric Intensive Care Units.
- Work with an experienced team of pediatric emergency physicians and nurses trained in pediatric critical care who take a family-centered, multidisciplinary & collaborative approach to treating patients.
- Teach engaged residents from Emergency Medicine, Pediatrics, and Family Medicine programs
- Excel in your niche area outside of clinical shifts with paid non-clinical hours to support of the teaching, quality, and administrative mission of the department.
- Highly competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits
About Oak Lawn, Illinois
Oak Lawn, an attractive Village of nearly 56,000 residents and over 1,800 diverse businesses, has distinguished itself among Chicago’s leading southwest suburbs. Nestled in the center of Cook County, a distinctive “home town” essence flows through Oak Lawn; an unmatched quality evidenced through the community’s affable neighborhoods, dynamic business districts, well- maintained recreational areas and cultural vivacity.
The resources accessed within Oak Lawn are truly second-to-none. Exceptional educational opportunities are profound, as residents have a choice among a number of public and private school options and several higher education and continuing education institutions. Compassionate and quality healthcare is readily available through various established practices, along with the presence of Advocate Christ Medical Center and Advocate Children’s Hospital.
About Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health’s combined strength and stability drives us forward. Our integrated delivery model allows our clinicians to offer state-of-the-art, top tier quality care throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern and central Illinois.
Our supportive staff and leadership are committed to an autonomous practice environment and continuously strive to be on the forefront of managing the changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology and innovative approaches to providing impeccable outcomes for our patients.
Whether you’re looking to practice in the heart of a dynamic city such as Chicago or Milwaukee, a multi-specialty clinic in the suburbs, or a charming small town, Advocate Aurora Health has an opportunity for you.
Working at Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health is committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. Diversity lives in the differences, great and small, that matter to us and make each of us unique – from our age and the color of our skin, to our abilities and the things we believe in. We know that empowering our differences inspires creativity that leads to innovative solutions – for our team members, consumers and communities. And because health care is built upon relationships, it’s important for the people we serve to be able to trust us to meet their unique needs.
By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our team members can thrive and our business can grow. As a team member, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.